612 has slow response

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I can be changing channels,browsing the guide,or just trying to pause a recording i'm watching and it takes awhile for the receiver to respond to the remote. I would say it takes about 5- 10 seconds to respond each time. hard reset does not help.

Sounds like the same problem the 722/722K/622 have. It's a software problem. Luckily my 722Ks (3) have quit doing that, but it was really really bad a few months ago...

I don't believe it is a software problem, at least not like the 722 one is. I only have seen this a couple of times on my 612's and each time unplugging the EHD and rebooting fixed it. It is about a 2 sec delay for me. Someone at the other site also said they have a slow internet connection at times and that caused a lag..... I don't think it can be a software problem because there have been but a couple of posts about it.
One other thing if you using OTA channels make sure they are not on either tuner. Another words, after watching one, go to two satellite channels, or be very sure if left on an OTA channels it has a good signal.

My 722, which had been fine for the last few months, started getting slow again this morning. In my scheduled recordings list, when I would skip an upcoming event, it would take upwards of 30 seconds to process the skip. In the past when I had this kind of response, the more I tried to manage my scheduled recordings list (skipping and restoring conflicts), it would get slower and slower and at some point would spontaneously reboot. So after a couple of skips, I left it alone. When I get home this evening, it will probably be back to its speedy self.

I don't believe it is a software problem, at least not like the 722 one is. I only have seen this a couple of times on my 612's and each time unplugging the EHD and rebooting fixed it. It is about a 2 sec delay for me. Someone at the other site also said they have a slow internet connection at times and that caused a lag..... I don't think it can be a software problem because there have been but a couple of posts about it.
One other thing if you using OTA channels make sure they are not on either tuner. Another words, after watching one, go to two satellite channels, or be very sure if left on an OTA channels it has a good signal.
i don't watch ota on my 612. but, i do on my 722. i pressed the guide button last night and i counted to 8 before it responded.

I could be wrong but I noticed the slower responses on the 612 after the last update from blockbuster movie pass to blockbuster@home