612 receiver..User 2 .. ???

tucker jones

Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
613 DVR receiver ... both tuners wired...

Last night I program'd 4 programs to be recorded, they were back to back with no overlaps.
This morning, only the very last program was recorded, the other 3 were ID as...
--Signal Loss Detected"
-- Event completed by User 2"

What in the world is going on.....????

-Tucker

The dish is a Turbo HD ... the lnb is a "Dish Pro Plus"...

I am using the two lnb ports on the left as you look at the dish from the rear...

-Tucker

User 2 is a software encoded message for all DuoReceivers by Dish.

It means 1 of your tuners = signal loss. Check signal on both tuners. swap cables (if direct connection) if problem follows cable = cable if problem stays on tuner = tuner.

Could it be only one tuner is active, and I haven't turned the other tuner on..??
What is a quick way to verify that both tuners are working...??

"Turbo HD" is on a lot of dishes. Is it a 500, superdish (2 flavors exist), 1000.2, or 1000.4? Safe bet it's not a 300.

"Turbo HD" is on a lot of dishes. Is it a 500, superdish (2 flavors exist), 1000.2, or 1000.4? Safe bet it's not a 300.
It doesn't matter, He said he has a Dish Pro Plus LNB, That means its single wire use, and he needs to Put the Dish Pro Plus seperator on the end of 1 incoming wire. Then run the 2 little wires to the receiver.

It doesn't matter, He said he has a Dish Pro Plus LNB, That means its single wire use, and he needs to Put the Dish Pro Plus seperator on the end of 1 incoming wire. Then run the 2 little wires to the receiver.

Not necessary, you can use two wires to the LNB if you want, you do not need to use a single wire and separator if you don't want to.

OK ... went to the screens that show Sat Input 1 & 2
119-110-129- ll are OK
They all are ... 1K.2
and ... DPP 1K.2 w/seperator..
Then went to the "Dish Pointing screen"
Tuner #1 was 100 % for the three sats..but NOTHING on Tuner 2

Can this be the problem..

-Tucker

Reverse the short wires from separator to tuner. If same tuner still no signal maybe bad tuner in box.
If opposite tuner shows no signal could be bad separator or short wire from separator. You may also want to try connecting the dish directly to tuner 2 bypassing the separator to see if you get any signal at all from tuner 2.

OK ... Last night it missed three out of 4 programs...

I just re-checked the signal on tuner 1 and 2
on 110-119-129..both tuner 1 and 2 show GREEN signals....
Idea's...???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)