622 # 4, coming soon

Well, still no 722K yet... When I checked yesterday, it still hasn't shipped. :( I ordered it on 3/29 too.

Best part ? The replacement 622 (# 4 !!) is rebooting on it's own. Sad thing is, I could probably get my 5th 622 before the 722K arrives !! I contacted tech support and because this is the 2nd one to have rebooting issues, they suggested something wrong with my satellite wiring. Two 622s have died of HDD failures, two with rebooting issues. I don't think it's definitive enough to blame the cabling (yet). I did say this is the 2nd one to act like this and the rep acknowledged it's a known issue "with some" 622 units, but they haven't pinpointed it.

There's a problem with the 622s PSU and that's why we're seeing so many failures.
Well, # 4 is a POS also.... By the end of the day, when we are actually interested in watching some TV shows vs just random channel flipping and watching, it will reboot repeatedly. I checked the HDD temps and they're fine (120' max), so I'm wondering if the issue with the power supply really kicks in when the PSU gets hot (from being on for a long time) ?

I do have a tech coming out Monday 'cause Dish says this could be a "grounding" problem. Now my concern is that the outlet I'm plugged into may in fact be a 2-wire connection that simply has a 3-prong outlet there. I live in an old house but a "lot" of the wiring has been updated (also have a 200amp service, etc, etc). How can I check without a meter ? The wiring is exposed. It's Romex, unfinished basement, and the outlet in question goes to a junction box that has "new" Romex run to it, so worst case, I just replace the 6' wire from the box to the outlet.

You can buy an electrical outlet tester for $5.00 at Lowes or HomeDepot and it will tell you if the outlet is grounded or not. That should tell you if you have bad wiring. I checked every single outlet in the house when I was having a problem with my 311 receivers, turns out all the outlets were fine and once I began replacing the 311 receivers the problem went away.

It's something similar to this one at Lowes:

PlugGrip at Lowe's: Outlet Installation Aid

Is amazing to see Hall passing through this ordeal, So far to my knowledge when I used to installed the 622 when become available and my own personal one still working flawless here on the tropic,guess I've been lucky.

Is amazing to see Hall passing through this ordeal, So far to my knowledge when I used to installed the 622 when become available and my own personal one still working flawless here on the tropic,guess I've been lucky.

I have replaced 2 622s in the last few months too. Some of us have been getting lemons. :(

I will acknowledge that I haven't had the same problem with all four units though. Two of them died or were dying of hard drive issues. I consider those a fact of life with a DVR and Dish has really no control over those. This PSU or rebooting issue with 622s though is unacceptable, IMO ... Dish acknowledged they're aware of this problem but it's with "some" units. What do they mean "some" ? If it was a production run of PSUs that they know are bad, they could pinpoint them and remove them from the system. But no, in this case, their PSU quality is simply hit or miss. Some work flawlessly, while others don't.

Finally got an answer as to why the 722K still hasn't shipped..... They said there are inventory issues. So, my service call was canceled and re-created and the local field office (Digital Dish) is bringing me a 722K and will check the rest of the "system".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts