622->722k, should I take the deal Dish offered?

i'm with you Frank7004

10 622's in 4 years and hard drives on earlier dvr's?!? you are more likely to get hit with a meteorite than to have that many factory defects. the 622 reciever runs kinda hot to begin with, i think that makes it more vulnerable than the 722k. i would be certain that you have a bad section of cable or connector and the "short" is overheating you recievers and causing the other failures. maybe start with the cable from the dish to the groundblock. check for nicks or exposed braiding( especially if it comes off the roof, at the edge of the roof).

There's confusion here about recording directly to EHD. Record to External Device is for the old PocketDish, NOT an EHD.

I don't want to be a stick-in-the-mud, but all of the suggestions for what could be wrong with my system I have already verified. Additionally, my system has a DP44 switch which has it's own power supply. The RG6 cable is in a conduit underground and recently been replaced. There are 4 cables in the conduit so I can switch things around. There is one thing which the 722K's seem to have fixed. And, that is an intermittent but brief loss of OTA signal, which seemed to only effect the 622's (every one has had this problem). So far it has been 4 days and no brief loss of OTA signal. So, at least that problem seems to be resolved. Time will tell, but I will report back in 2 weeks what is going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts