622/ 811 remote control and Onkyo receivers???

Spinerep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
Waterloo,SC
I hope Iam posting this in the correct forum, please move as need be!
I currently have an 811 rec, with a 622 on order. My question is with the remote and operating my Onkyo TX-SR601 HT receiver. I can't get the remote to turn the Onkyo recvr off. It will turn it on, mute, volume, and a few other nicities! This isnt a big deal for me, but the wife and kids seem to go into convulsions from having to use another remote to turn a piece of equipment off. I called Dish, and of course they were clueless, I tried all 4 or 5 Onkyo codes in the book. Maybe this is something THEY will have to live with, but I thought that I would throw it out there, and see if you guys had any ideas! Thanks in advance!!

Russ

Did you try searching for codes in the remote as well? Sometimes codes for other pieces of equipment will work.

Youre out of luck. The Dish remotes will only do what you have already found...on, mute and volume. The Onkyos have discrete codes for off and on. I guess Dish decided that we would prefer On vs. Off.

I have the same issue with my Integra (an upscale Onkyo brand). Not a big deal, I just have to get up to turn it off.....

I have the same discrete code problem with my TV. I can set it to turn on, but not off. I wish Dish would do something to get this to work. The 811 seemed to not have a problem with my discrete TV code. The same code turned it both on & off. I wonder what changed with the 622

I have the Harmony and it controls my tx-801 great. It even turns it off and back on. You will need an internet connection for the set up. My wife loves the one remote .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)