622 and 211 HDMI audio users

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

williamkmurphy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Bills Country
Does anyone know if dish has any plans to enable either DD5.1 or 6 channel pcm on the 211?

Does the 622 already do this or are you guys stuck with optical for anything better than 2-channel?

I want full functionality!!

IIRC the 622 outputs only DD 2.0 through the HDMI connection. For anything better you need to use the optical port. Sorry but I can't speculate on any plans for either receiver...

The problem is not that the 622 only outputs DD2.0 on HDMI, it is that very few surround systems can decode 5.1 or higher through the HDMI port.

the 622 outputs only DD 2.0 through the HDMI connection

Is the output in DD2.0 or is it in 2 channel PCM. My receiver shows PCM as the audio format when I use the HDMI audio from the 211. Shows a mix of PCM and DD5.1 depending on the channel when I use optical.

The problem is not that the 622 only outputs DD2.0 on HDMI, it is that very few surround systems can decode 5.1 or higher through the HDMI port.

Its too bad that I don't have anything else that puts audio out over hdmi to test this theory. I am fairly confident that the yamaha will support 8-channels of audio through the HDMI port in either a compressed (DD,DTS format) or uncompressed. It doesn't have to decode anything (in a DTS, DD sense) if the audio is already in PCM.

The receiver is a yamaha rx-v2600 fyi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)