622 and composite video

Bob T

Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Hi all

I just replaced my 921 (spit) with a 622 and have run into a stumbling block. I want to hook-up a second tv, in single mode, using composite video. I'm not getting any output, sound or video, on either the TV1 or TV2 composite outputs. Is there some secret to enabling composite video? All my other outputs, HDMI, component, and s-video seem to be working properly. I thought all outputs were supposed to be active at all times.

Your help would be appreciated, thank you.

There is nothing you can change, so it sounds as if something is wrong with your 622. It may be worth trying ye old cold reboot: power off and unplug for 30 sec.

How are you getting audio at all? Via HDMI? Have you tried the RF output?

Problem resolved. I went into Setup-HDsetup and changed from 720p to 480i. The composite video started working. Went back into Setup-HDsetup and reset to 780p (my preference fo HDTV on my plasma screen) and the composite output continued to work. I have no idea why this did anything.

Thanks for the help.

Another "Ghost in the Machine". Glad you "fixed" it... (I feed the TV2 composite outputs to a "LeapFrog" u-wave transmitter and send that signal over some distance to several receivers with reasonable success.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)