622 and DPP44 switch

That's good to hear - that the 24" works great. I believe everyone else is getting more snow than us. South of Denver, had snow twice, but it's gone before 24 hours.

Latest update,

The Dish guy finally arrived on Friday just one week late. During the snow in the Pacific Northwest the system actually worked better but luckily it started going blank for 15 minutes at a time and prompting me to check switch after the 622 was off for more than 2 hours.

The tech arrived and I described the issue, he started to connect my DPP44 and did not get the power inserter on port 1, I pointed it out to him and I realized I needed to watch everything he was doing, we proceeded to do a check switch with the same results. Switch checks 4 of 4 with no satellite reception.

He takes a new DPP44 out of the truck with the same results, he wants to replace the 622 but I ask him about dumping the memory first.
He agrees to dump the memory but he also wants to change the power supply to the inserter. So he dumps the memory and plugs in a new power supply and sure enough the DPP44 checks 4 of 4 with good reception on 3 satellites

So it is still unclear what was the problem, I personnal believe if I would have dumped the memory initially I could have avoided the headaches. I think it unlikely the power had any effect on the outcome of this issue.

I also asked him if he ever heard of this forum, he said no and was completely unaware of all the issues with these switches and 622's.

Thanks to all for the troubleshooting tips, they did help.
J.J.Jones

JJJ,

Glad to hear its working. Interesting that it was a software problem; I'll keep that in mind. I must agree with you that it sounds like replacing the power supply didn't make a difference. Every once in a while when I lose OTA signal and try and change the channel, the 622 will report a switch error. Sometimes I have to change the channel and all is well, sometimes it figures itself out after a moment or two. Of course, the 811 had a problem with DP Twins and would require a check switch every so often as well. It took dish about 4 software releases to get the problem fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)