622 and Harmony Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a harmony 890 and I love it.. I control 2 622s (yes, 2 of them on one tv..) my mitsu tv, sony bluray player, samsung dvd/vcr recorder, and yamaha AV.. perfectly.. Can't imagine living without it.. I have all the remotes for everything in a drawer and haven't touched any of them since I got the 890..

Did you ever find any information on the sleep issues. I emailed customer support but no response in 3 days. In sum, it seems like the Harmony remote can't keep track of which devices are on and off if you use the sleep feature. This is disappointing as I use sleep all the time.

The Harmony 880 can be modified to use two different buttons to turn on or off the VIP622/722. The screen that shows when the receiver is off says to push "Select" to turn it on. So, I modified the on function to be "Select" and off to be "Power Toggle".

Here's the way to do it in the Logitech Harmony Remote software:
  • Devices
  • Satellite receiver Settings
  • Adjust power settings
  • I want to turn off this device when it's not in use
  • A button on the remote for On, and a different button for Off
  • For Power On: I don't have the original remote, but I know the command that is used: Choose "Select"
  • For Power Off: I don't have the original remote, but I know the command that is used: Choose "PowerToggle"

The Hamony 890 and 1000 both communicate with an RF Extender which which will send IR via 8 IR blasters to your components. The 890 comes with the extender but it is extra for the 1000. Neither communicate directly with the receiver. I have the 1000 and I set up an 890 for my boss.

My 622 works just fine with the 1000.

Nice that the power on/off feature is available now. I don't believe it was when I made that post, hence the use of the word "currently." We expected that one day it would be made available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts