622 and Harmony Remote

I have a harmony 890 and I love it.. I control 2 622s (yes, 2 of them on one tv..) my mitsu tv, sony bluray player, samsung dvd/vcr recorder, and yamaha AV.. perfectly.. Can't imagine living without it.. I have all the remotes for everything in a drawer and haven't touched any of them since I got the 890..

Did you ever find any information on the sleep issues. I emailed customer support but no response in 3 days. In sum, it seems like the Harmony remote can't keep track of which devices are on and off if you use the sleep feature. This is disappointing as I use sleep all the time.

The Harmony 880 can be modified to use two different buttons to turn on or off the VIP622/722. The screen that shows when the receiver is off says to push "Select" to turn it on. So, I modified the on function to be "Select" and off to be "Power Toggle".

Here's the way to do it in the Logitech Harmony Remote software:
  • Devices
  • Satellite receiver Settings
  • Adjust power settings
  • I want to turn off this device when it's not in use
  • A button on the remote for On, and a different button for Off
  • For Power On: I don't have the original remote, but I know the command that is used: Choose "Select"
  • For Power Off: I don't have the original remote, but I know the command that is used: Choose "PowerToggle"

The Hamony 890 and 1000 both communicate with an RF Extender which which will send IR via 8 IR blasters to your components. The 890 comes with the extender but it is extra for the 1000. Neither communicate directly with the receiver. I have the 1000 and I set up an 890 for my boss.

My 622 works just fine with the 1000.

Nice that the power on/off feature is available now. I don't believe it was when I made that post, hence the use of the word "currently." We expected that one day it would be made available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)