622 and OTA Tuner

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
So my 622 for the past 2 days has been losing the OTA channels as if the OTA tuner may be going bad or something. The only OTA channels that work is the PBS that is on the VHF side, the other digitals are UHF in my area.

I have rebooted, unplugged, and tried everything under the sun to get them to work. I watch OTA a lot and do not want to have to pay Dish Network $6 for something that I get OTA perfectly.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Delete all ota locals and rescan them. Also check your ota antenna and see if you receive the ota stations on your tv . If they are coming in on the tv and not the 622 , then you do have an ota tuner problem. Call DISH and get an exchange for your receiver set up. Also if you do get a replacement receiver , make sure that you add the dish home protection plan to your account for 5.99 and the replacement receiver won't cost anything for shipping it to you. You can drop the insurance plan once the new receiver is in place and the old one has been received by DISH. You can add it and drop it as needed , as many times as needed, without any penalty.

I did connect it (antenna) to the other boxes I have and the OTA locals work fine. On the 622, all I get is the VHF side digitals.

Can I get a replacement even if I own my 622?

Check to see that your local channels setting is set to "Off Air", not Cable.
Sounds like the setting got changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)