622 and rg6 runs..how many?

Resortman

Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Good evening guys. I have a quick question. I currently have a 811 and ONE coax to the back of my 811. I am upgrading to the 622, HD metal and locals as soon as I can and want to make sure I have the proper setup before calling. Do I need 2 runs of coax to the 622? (if so, I'm in trouble:) I have a TV upstairs with dish (301) and highly doubt they can make use of the 622's 2 tuner ability without running a cable in a very ugly place am I correct? Thank you much...read a lot here, and like the forum! RM

If they install a DPP Twin or a DPP44 switch, you can feed a dual tuner with a single cable using a separator. When you call, just make sure they add to the order to replace the LNB with a DPP Twin and they can feed the 301 and the 622.

BTW, Welcome to the site!

It depends on your LNBs. Are they Dishpro units or legacy? Dishpro LNB's can feed Dishpro compatable recievers with 1 coax feed and still make use of both tuners.

If you want to make use of the 2 TV set output ability of the 622, you will need another run of coax from the 611 to the second set.

Thank you much for the info, and QUICK responses! I will head out there tomorrow and see exactly wth is on my dish. (lnb wise) A second run off the 622 isn't going to be easy (finished basement) so I'll probably have to keep my 301. Should I sell the 811 or can I use it on a HDTV in the future and get the metal channels HD? Again, thank you much for your info so far! RM

It depends on your LNBs. Are they Dishpro units or legacy? Dishpro LNB's can feed Dishpro compatable recievers with 1 coax feed and still make use of both tuners.

If you want to make use of the 2 TV set output ability of the 622, you will need another run of coax from the 611 to the second set.

You can still use a single cable to the 622 and use both tuners. You just will have to use a diplexor and tie it into the line going to the second TV at the dish or where it is easy to get to.

Wicked, so my dish entry is in the garage (hub so to speak) from there multiple runs go through the walls into every room etc. So, at my "hub" which is where the feed enters the house and is fully accessible, I can create something there and dump my 301? That sound correct? Man, this forum is a learning mans paradise! RM

Wicked, so my dish entry is in the garage (hub so to speak) from there multiple runs go through the walls into every room etc. So, at my "hub" which is where the feed enters the house and is fully accessible, I can create something there and dump my 301? That sound correct? Man, this forum is a learning mans paradise! RM
Yes, you should be able to eliminate the 301; and then just use the ViP 622 to backfeed its TV1 Output and TV2 Output on separate channels to the rest of the house, by connecting the other rooms with a splitter from a central location (such as your garage hub).

So.... You'll have one cable from the LNBF/Switch to the 622 which will feed both 622 tuners. Then you will need to take the agile modulated output from the 622 and get it to the garage to feed the rest of the house; and you should be able to do this with another cable, or by backfeeding the 622 output on the satellite input cable which will take 2 diplexers.
Dishpro LNB's can feed Dishpro compatable recievers with 1 coax feed and still make use of both tuners.
That is not completely accurate. DishPro LNBF's cannot feed DishPro Plus receivers with just one cable.

In agreement with what RandallA said.... Only DishPro Plus LNBF or DishPro Plus Switches can feed DishPro Plus (dual tuner) receivers with one cable. However, if you are using a DishPro Plus Switch (DPP44), then the switch must be using either a DishPro or DishPro Plus LNBF, or SuperDish 105/121 cluster.

Note: If you feed TV1 and TV2 throughout the whole house, then at night one bedroom can watch one channel while another bedroom is watching a different channel, and both by UHF PRO remote (with a second UHF PRO remote for TV1).

Last edited:
Thank you much for the info, and QUICK responses! I will head out there tomorrow and see exactly wth is on my dish. (lnb wise) A second run off the 622 isn't going to be easy (finished basement) so I'll probably have to keep my 301. Should I sell the 811 or can I use it on a HDTV in the future and get the metal channels HD? Again, thank you much for your info so far! RM

Just press Menu twice on the remote control and it will go into Sys Info, you will see what lnb or switch you have.

Thanks Guys., I have a DP twin 2 according to the menu section...that help in any way as far as what to ask for on the workorder? Thank you again.

PS, locals through dish worth it? My antenna reception stinks and the wife is getting crabby:) (would they be HD if I got locals through them IF the station was in HD?)

Last edited:
Thanks Randall:) Zip, 55720. As far as getting a coax from 622 to my 301 (upstairs) they "may" be able to do it from the garage then (prewired 1 coax to each from the garage"hub") Thanks much! RM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)