622 and Sling Adapter????

This may be the case, but I am still skeptical. They pulled support for the 622 at the last minute; it was still showing on the website on the day the Sling Adapter was released! So, this last-minute desupport of the 622 argues against your scenario, because they have known about the chipsets in these receivers forever. I think it was a long-term problem, such as marginal power supply in the 622, or thin PC traces going to the USB ports.

I actually chalk that up to a mistake by the person writing the copy for the web site rather than them "desupporting" something.

i would call the csr's and tell them your receiver is powering off and on by itself and they'll send a tech out to replace your receiver. Request a DNS technician(as their vans are stocked with at least 2-3 722 receivers per day). When the tech arrives, honestly tell him your intentions on getting a 722 or lie and say the receiver for some reason is working fine now but you would like a new one because you dont want it to happen again. i'm a dns tech and usually would go out of my way for someone regarding a situation like this as would most guys in my shop. Worth a shot if you have the service plan
We love easy service calls. Make it sound complicated when you call in and tell the tech exactly whats going on when he gets there. These kinds of things really brighten some days up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)