Opinion - Wireless adapter vs. Powerline Broadband connector

pjsjeep

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 22, 2008
Tuscaloosa AL
I am looking to order either of these connectors from the Dish Network store. I am currently using a Ethewi Bridge that is slow and drops the signal.. So, if someone has used the wireless adapter that Dish is selling and/or the Powerline, please chime in. I am thinking, if it works, that the Powerline would be faster??

Thanks PJ

Last edited:
I have used the wireless adapter for a couple of months on a 722K and have not a problem. I bought my wireless at a retail store and Dish sells the same one I bought and the Dish price is about 1/2 the price than the retail store I bought it at.

I use both in my network. I have this computer connected to a Netgear powerline adapter and I have a Dish Slinglink Turbo at the router. I have the Dish because my 922 would not work with all Netgear. My Logitech Revue is wireless. I have gotten speeds of 15+ down and 1.6 up on both. I'd say it's 6 of one...

Thanks guys for the quick replies.....
I am thinking I will go with the powerline, that will keep the USB on the receiver free for a EHD. I have the other USB with the Sling.

pjsjeep said:
Thanks guys for the quick replies.....
I am thinking I will go with the powerline, that will keep the USB on the receiver free for a EHD. I have the other USB with the Sling.

Or, use a powered USB hub. I have the EHD, Sling, wireless adapt all coming off the back USB on my 722. Oh, and I also charge my xbox controller off that hub...

Hi,
A quick question. Is Dish still selling the USB wireless connector? I heard they may have run into some problem.
Thanks

I just received mine yesterday. Ordered from Dish web store. Have not setup yet. It is new Linksys type I believe. The one I currently have The Ethiwi is plug in to the RJ45 jack and uses USB for power... I have problems with it.

I just received mine yesterday. Ordered from Dish web store. Have not setup yet. It is new Linksys type I believe. The one I currently have The Ethiwi is plug in to the RJ45 jack and uses USB for power... I have problems with it.
Thanks. I checked and they are out of stock. Hope to get on soon.

Just hooked up my Wireless adapter to powered hub with my sling adapter. Everything works great. Both were just plug and play, LOVE IT!! Looks like better speed on the wireless then I had with the EthiWi.

Dish no longer charges for connectivity equipment on service calls. It is cheaper if you have the home service plan to set up a $15 service call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)