622 == Battlestar Survivor

virgilw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Man was I excited. I had my 622 record Battlestar Galactica in HD from UNIHD. So I go into the DVR and hit play. What pops up? Well nothing other than Jeff Probst and the Survivor finale! That's right, my 622 thinks that Battlestar Galactica in HD is equivalent to Survivor in SD.

I can see the similarities... Jeff Probst kinda looks like Lee Adama. Maybe Dish should get a patent on this like Tivo has for their suggestions. The patent could read something like:

"Method for automatically recording a completely different show, other than the one scheduled, storing said recording under the name of the original recording and designed to irritate the living daylights out of any new Dish subscriber"

If they patent this, then all of the other DVR makers will have to pay royalties when they don't QA their software either!

I mean what gives..... I know that Survivor was on at the same time as Battlestar in HD. But to record from the wrong tuner but apply the info from the right tuner???? (Btw, the 622 has poor software QA written all over it... I'm trying to learn to love it, but Dish needs better software release quality control.)

I mean what gives..... I know that Survivor was on at the same time as Battlestar in HD. But to record from the wrong tuner but apply the info from the right tuner???? (Btw, the 622 has poor software QA written all over it... I'm trying to learn to love it, but Dish needs better software release quality control.)

Bah ha ha ha.... this poor quality software just keeps getting 'better'. I'm watching a recorded concert (from the Rave channel). When done, I hit stop. Then I delete the recording. Hit live TV.... and live TV I get. The only thing I'm missing is the lady beside the TV playing the piano. I need her since I'm now watching a silent movie. That's right, no sound. Change the channel, no sound. I can swap to the other tuner and there is sound on it. Swap back and no sound on any station. I have to reboot to restore sound.

You know I wouldn't mind beta testing their software if they actually were running a beta program where I could report bugs and know they were being heard.....

This problem pisses me off so much. Countless times the DVR says "simpsons" or "family guy" or whatever, but then it's the frickin news, or some completely different show. Ubelieveable they would have such a gross overlook in QA.

This is an interesting problem. In 9 months with the 622, and heavy DVR usage, I have NEVER had it record the wrong thing. Ever.

Never heard of this

I have never had this ever happen. It is the 1st time I have even heard of it. Boy you managed to come up with a unique problem. If I were you I would have been emailing the ceo@echostar.com to report this problem the 2nd time it happened. I think someone should be getting another unit.

Pretty bizarre. Have you reset the reciever since the first time this happened at all?

I'd be contacting Dish Tech to get your problem logged for sure if I were in your condition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)