622 Commitment Question

TBarclay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Smyrna, GA
I got a 622 Dish receiver last Spring under the lease program with 18-month committment. I have now been transferred to another city and the condo I have purchased has no sight lines to the South because of heavy trees. It looks like I'm forced to go with cable. What is the penalty for leaving Dish before the 18 months is up? (Even though I have no choice).

I got a 622 Dish receiver last Spring under the lease program with 18-month committment. I have now been transferred to another city and the condo I have purchased has no sight lines to the South because of heavy trees. It looks like I'm forced to go with cable. What is the penalty for leaving Dish before the 18 months is up? (Even though I have no choice).

I think the penalty is pro-rated but you should call and see it you can get it waived because you should have to pick a new place to live just because it has line-of-site to their sats.

I think the penalty is pro-rated but you should call and see it you can get it waived because you should have to pick a new place to live just because it has line-of-site to their sats.

Any luck on this? I just found myself in this exact situation. Waiting for my house to get built and I want to put the service into "Dish Pause".

I'm being told that is not possible and my only options are to pay for the smallest service $30 bucks a month or cancel which amounts to about 130 bucks.

Assuming about 10 to 12 months to build the house I'm looking to save money by cancelling.

All I want to do is pause and then resume the commitment when the house is done. I'll even pay the commitment if I could pause the other services.

Any suggestions?

Woo

Any luck on this? I just found myself in this exact situation. Waiting for my house to get built and I want to put the service into "Dish Pause".

I'm being told that is not possible and my only options are to pay for the smallest service $30 bucks a month or cancel which amounts to about 130 bucks.

Assuming about 10 to 12 months to build the house I'm looking to save money by cancelling.

All I want to do is pause and then resume the commitment when the house is done. I'll even pay the commitment if I could pause the other services.

Any suggestions?

Woo

Here is what I would do, make sure you keep the service atleast 180 days. Call in to cancel your service and leave in good standing. Pay the cancellation fee which would be $120.

When you move to your new home and have been disconnected for atleast 180 days then sign up for Formers DHA and get all new equipment with another 18 month committment.

I may wait out my dvr contract then switch to direct tv because I want the Yes Network and TvOne, I have been patient waiting for dish to add these and they haven't, my patience are running thin.:D been with dish alot of years!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)