622 Randomly Dropping Timers?

SouthRider

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Covington, La
My 622 has suddenly begun randomly dropping timers that have been previously set.

No - it's not because of rerun season. For example I set a new timer yesterday morning to record all new episodes of daybreak, verified the timer was there, and when I got home from a meeting last night the show wasn't recorded.

I have also recently had timers for new episodes of several other show just start disappearing from the timers list, while others are performing flawlessly.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any ideas?

I got a new 625 recently and it will not record shows on TV2 (though the History shows that the event was completed), while shows recorded on TV1 work flawlessly. (I started a thread about it earlier this week).

The tech people I talked to said there was a "known issue" where DVR events are deleted and that the software people are working on it... they didn't offer much hope other than to wait for a software update.

So when you hit the DVR button 3 times and go to the day that it was supposed to record it isn't there?

Correct!

There is no record whatsoever of the show that was supposed to record, but didn't. The timer is still there in the timers list or dish pass, whichever you used, just no recorded show or history of one.

I had this problem with my 622 earlier this year. It only affected the OTA timers. They would randomly appear/disappear. Some would fire, some not. The problem corrected itself with a couple of software updates. Search the forums for this problem--there were several threads...

I had this happen just last night, I swear that I had The Unit set to record all new shows, and unless I am wrong, it was a new epp last night. Still, it didn't record and there is no mention of it being not a new epp or skipped. it just isn't there.

This is with a 625

Steve

Last edited:
My 625 has the habit of skipping programs as well If I where you do what I do double check my recording schedule before I go out so that nothing gets skipped or missed totally .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)