622 Daily reset--Anyone having this problem

gbfdcapt4b

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Tomahawk, WI
I got my 622 last March 11 and it was trouble free till September. It has been resetting at least once a day. The unit turns off, the fan noise gets loud,then comes on and does tests 1-5 and then works OK. I already got one replacement and the same thing happens. The other devices that run off the same power supply do not turn off, so it can't be losing power to reset it. Do you guys think this could be a software issue or other cause? I'm tired of the interruptions and loss of DVR content. HELP!

I checked the temps as described in the "Average 622 Temperature thread". High temp:122, Low temp 109, ave temp: 109. These seem to be about average with the thread results. I have 2 inches of clearence on each side of the box and the entertainment center it sits in. Unit is turned on at 7:00 AM with Sirius radio on till 5 or 6 PM and then tuned in to TV till 11:00 PM. Yesterday it reset at 12:00PM and again at 7:00 PM.

I am guessing that you already know this, but the 622 does a daily update check (default is set for 3:00AM. This isn't what you are talking about is it? (you can check when it is scheduled by pushing menu, 8, 5).

My 622 started to reboot more and more frequently. I had to have Dish send me a replacement. Tech support will tell you that is a "known issue" and they trying to resolve it, but don't buy their b.s.

Make them replace the unit. My replacement unit works perfectly.

Unlike previous models (where you could CHOOSE whether to download updates), the 622 will reboot daily to download software and guide updates. You can choose the time in the menu....

The only exceptions appear to be is a) a timer is actively recording at the selected time of reboot and b) you are watching a program, in which case, it will prompt you on the screen to cancel the scheduled reboot. If you don't respond within 60 sec, it automatically reboots.

I don't recall what happens if you have a program paused and the scheduled time occurs...

He already said that the daily update isn't the issue (see my question and his response above). I say make them replace it. This is not normal. Neither of my 622s have this problem.

Dish Network tech. came out yesterday AM to check system. He found out that the dish and coax were not grounded. He thought a build up of static electricity could cause the problem. He left at 10:00 AM, 622 reset itself at 1:45 PM. He came back at 6:00 PM and swapped out the 622. Time will tell............

It took a week but the same problem is back. Now it is like clockwork. Power on at 6:45 AM and reset at 12:30 PM. And to top it off this morning I had a message that the harddrive is corrupt. Hopefully there is a software upgrade soon to fix this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts