622 Dead? Tricks to make work or best repair option

kc2dnw

Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Northern NY
Hello all,
My 622 worked fin last night, I woke up this morning and no screen. No lights on the front so I power cycled the unit. The green light under TV1 comes on for about a second then goes out and I get no signal on the HDMI or RF output. I can hear the fan ramp up but get nothing. I tried holding the power button down for a reboot but all I get is the fan ramping up and the green light under TV1 coming on, then it goes out and does nothing. Is this dead or do I have some other options to try and recover it? If it is dead what is my best option for replacing this thing? The last time a tech came to change my dish for eastern arc he had to come 3 times, cut all my cables, including those not to my dish network satellite dishes and I still have a dish on my roof he just cut the wire and left (I should remove it but haven't had time yet). Anyways, because of this I am not overally excited about having to have a visit, I refer to do stuff myself the way I like it and at my time (nights). Is there any sort of self install choice with Dish or do they always have to instal it?

-Jeremy

Best thing to do is just make sure you have the protection plan on your account and call dish and give the description you just gave to us. If the receiver will not boot up at all then they will most likely just ship you a replacement for you to hook up yourself.

Why should I need a protection plan? I lease the receiver so it should be their problem not mine, that is why I lease. If I owned it then it would be my problem but the only reason to lease something is to reduce liability for situations like this. The problem with leasing is I lose some choice on how it is installed and when.

-Jeremy

I had a 622 for years that I owned myself, and babied and kept alive with new drives, and overlooked it's quirks. I finally swapped it out for a 722k, and am I EVER GLAD that I did!

The VIP722k is a much better receiver, and I can recommend it as a great upgrade to the 622. It also has the ability to handle a Sling adapter if you want to use one, which isn't possible with the 622.

If your leasing you should be able to get it replaced for just a shipping charge or if you have the protection plan shipping is free.

If no protection plan, fee is $17 weather it's leased or owned. Do you have an ehd hooked up? If so, unhook it and try a plug reboot again. See if that helps.

The VIP722k is a much better receiver, and I can recommend it as a great upgrade to the 622. It also has the ability to handle a Sling adapter if you want to use one, which isn't possible with the 622.

Any way to swap a 622 for a 722K aside from coughing up the $200 for one or ending up with another 2 year commitment for a long-outdated receiver?

Any way to swap a 622 for a 722K aside from coughing up the $200 for one or ending up with another 2 year commitment for a long-outdated receiver?

Contact Dirt and see what they can do for you.

You could probably go to a Hopper for free so I doubt they'd expect $200 for a ViP722k.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you have an EHD connected to the 622, unplug it. Mine won't reboot with the EHD connected. The fan comes on, it tries, and then quits--only to try again a few minutes later. Good luck!

For most people an upgrade to a 722k is free. Customer just have to pay the tech visit fee unless they are under the protection plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)