622 deletes all non-locked recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
Went away on vacation with just 4 hours of recording space on my 622. Scheduled recordings then consumed 4.5 hours of space.

When I got back, all that was left on it were the 6 recordings that I had locked, plus the most recent recording. Apparently when it encountered a "no space remaining" error, it's solution was not to delete just the oldest non-locked program, but to delete all non-locked programs.

It now has 22+ hours of available space.

Have others seen this before?

Software is L405.

My brother had something similar happen some time back with his 622. Stuff started disappearing slowly at first till eventually it deleted all it had and new stuff wouldnt even stay a day before it would delete itself. Dish replaced it and the new one has been working fine.

This is the first problem I've had on my 622, which I got a year ago. This appears to be a software bug, in the programming that determines what should be deleted on a disk full error.

It probably looks at the next 9 days of potential recordings and deletes accordingly to provide room for those future events.

There were only 3 hours of scheduled recordings for the next 9 days. 1 of those was SD. Yet it deleted over 30 hours of recordings.

I guess the lesson for me is to lock all recordings.

There were only 3 hours of scheduled recordings for the next 9 days. 1 of those was SD. Yet it deleted over 30 hours of recordings.

I guess the lesson for me is to lock all recordings.

That's not good... I knew keeping the DVR clear with adequate space was important... now I have the evidence to show my wife!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts