622: dish 1000 or lnbf change?

sunfire01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
DFW, TEXAS
I'm getting my 622 installed Saturday and the work order doesnt say anything about a dish 1000 or any dish, do you guys think since I only have the 622 plus one other 508 receiver they will just swap my dish pro twin lnbfs on my current dish 500 for a new dish pro plus twin lnbf and add a 2nd dish for 61.5 or will they use a 1000?

Jason

If you leased the 622, then I assume you signed up for one of the metal HD packs, so they'll have to install a Dish 1000. Otherwise, you'll be missing several HD channels that you're paying for. In the Dallas area, it wouldn't make sense to use the 61.5 satellite. 129 is due South of Dallas.

mdonnelly said:
If you leased the 622, then I assume you signed up for one of the metal HD packs, so they'll have to install a Dish 1000. Otherwise, you'll be missing several HD channels that you're paying for. In the Dallas area, it wouldn't make sense to use the 61.5 satellite. 129 is due South of Dallas.
I thought 61.5 had the same channels as 129?

Jason

It does. Why do you want two dishes on your house? The Dish 1000 will see 110/119/129 all by itself. And, you won't need any external switches to tie them all together to feed your two receivers.

mdonnelly said:
It does. Why do you want two dishes on your house? The Dish 1000 will see 110/119/129 all by itself. And, you won't need any external switches to tie them all together to feed your two receivers.
I've just heard that a 2nd dish will get a better signal

Well, a 2nd dish MIGHT get a better signal, but the Dish 1000 gets a good enough signal in OKC. Three months now at my house with no dropouts on 129 (or 110/119). It's up to you. Two dishes with associated hardware, for the chance of a better signal, or one Dish 1000.

mdonnelly said:
Well, a 2nd dish MIGHT get a better signal, but the Dish 1000 gets a good enough signal in OKC. Three months now at my house with no dropouts on 129 (or 110/119). It's up to you. Two dishes with associated hardware, for the chance of a better signal, or one Dish 1000.
can you tell me what you think the installer will bring? what chance is there that I will get a 1000?

Well, I don't have my crystal ball handy, but if I were installing for Dish anywhere West of the Mississippi, I'd bring a Dish 1000 to every 622 install.

Is there a place on Dish's website where you can see your work order?

I've searched for mine, but not found anything. I would love to see what my work order includes since I am adding a 622 and keeping a 322 and a 522. I expect I will need a Dish 1000 and 2 or 3 separators.

TC

ctcohen04 said:
Is there a place on Dish's website where you can see your work order?

I've searched for mine, but not found anything. I would love to see what my work order includes since I am adding a 622 and keeping a 322 and a 522. I expect I will need a Dish 1000 and 2 or 3 separators.

TC
And a DPP44, I would think, with all those dual tuners. Or do you have one of those already?

No, I've never seen anything on the Dish website related to customer workorders.

I am having my 622 installed saturday also, when the installer called to confim a couple days ago I asked about the dish 1000 which i was suppose to have installed. She said that it wasnt on the work order and Dish has been messing up the work orders. So i had to call, cancel my install date, add a dish 500 bc the 1000 isnt avaliable in my area, and make a new install date. I called the installer back and she pulled my march 21 date to this saturday. So now everything is fine

mdonnelly said:
Man, I want some of what you're smoking.

While your ENTIRE post is incorrect, the bold items are the worst.

For example, you need to learn how to read a map - or did they move Dallas into the Pacific Ocean? :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts