622 DPP44 install from hell

Dpp44

when I install DPP44SW 1st time, I used 2 cables for 622 (sat1, sat2)

not working.... --;

spending lots of time to figure that out

I needed only 1 cable with seperator.

I just telling my mistake.. I believe this is not like my case:D

Hook up each 622 one at a time directly to the dish bypassing the DP44, go through the setup at which time it will download the latest software update, once both have received the software update hook everything back up through the DP44 and go back through the setup.

This should correct your problems.

Man, if the "tech" didn't think to do that, then he is a flaming retard. That should have gone down BEFORE any equipment swapouts took place. :eek:

Edit: read the whole thread. WTF did he move the dish for, if you were already getting a signal before he showed up?

After a nine hour install over two days it is all a little hazy. But.... he thought that the dish pointing to the 110/119 might be a bit too close to the eave, so he moved it down the wall a bit. He had already disturbed the aim a bit when he put in the new LNBs on that dish.

He said that the 622 needed a stronger signal because of the two tuners. What it all comes down to is I now have a system will all new dishes (save one) and all new LNBs and a 622. And ..... it is all working just fine.

I really think the real problem was too short a center wire on the coax going into the DPP44 switch. I told him that tip and I think he ignored me and started swapping out dishes and LNBs and re aiming etc., when all it was was the short center wire. He did finally hook every thing up with long center coax wires.

After a nine hour install over two days it is all a little hazy. But.... he thought that the dish pointing to the 110/119 might be a bit too close to the eave, so he moved it down the wall a bit. He had already disturbed the aim a bit when he put in the new LNBs on that dish.

He said that the 622 needed a stronger signal because of the two tuners. What it all comes down to is I now have a system will all new dishes (save one) and all new LNBs and a 622. And ..... it is all working just fine.

I really think the real problem was too short a center wire on the coax going into the DPP44 switch. I told him that tip and I think he ignored me and started swapping out dishes and LNBs and re aiming etc., when all it was was the short center wire. He did finally hook every thing up with long center coax wires.

Did the installer install the power inverter for your DP44? My 622 upgrade was a single line to the inline power inverter (at the receiver end so the inverter can be plugged into an outlet) then into a DP seperator then to the 2 622 tuners. Works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)