622 failed HDMI connector

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Please help! I think the HDMI port on my 622 is going out. The picture will quickly blink off for about .5 sec every 2-3 seconds. It has a particular rhythm and constantly does it. It doesn't happen on the sd outputs. I tried searching since I know it is a common problem but couldn't find anyones who had one fail this way. Any thoughts?

Please help! I think the HDMI port on my 622 is going out. The picture will quickly blink off for about .5 sec every 2-3 seconds. It has a particular rhythm and constantly does it. It doesn't happen on the sd outputs. I tried searching since I know it is a common problem but couldn't find anyones who had one fail this way. Any thoughts?

My 622 HDMI went out about a week after I got it. I called a DISH CSR and they sent me a new one and I sent the old one back. No charge.

How do the component connections work? I have not seen the symptoms you described before in these threads. Time to start a dialog with E* that will hopefully lead to an exchange. Call their Tech Support group, not the CSRs. Been there, done that...

The component connection works great. Some people prefer the picture from the components to the HDMI. I have both hooked up, and on my TV (Samsung 50" DLP) the picture seems to pop more, especially on the HD channels, from the HDMI input than the component input. The colors seem more vibrant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)