622 Freezes & Reboots

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Here's a new issue as far as I'm concerned. My 622 freezes and then reboots while I am watching a specific HD program I recorded....always in the same spot.
This does not happen while watching other recordings and only happens while playing this one recording. Can a recording be corrupted or could it be a bad sector or whatever you call it on the hard drive itself? Corrective measures?? (I should add that it does not happen with live HDTV)

My 622 has also started doing this the last couple days. I haven't noticed yet that it's triggered by a particular program, but I've seen it happen three times.

I don't know how many times it's happened when I wasn't watching TV, but I did notice that my 3-hour Pan Am Games from Worldsport was broken up into three blocks when I got home, presumably from the box freezing and rebooting two times during the recording.

The times I witnessed happened like this: The program I'm watching suddenly freezes on the screen for a few seconds, and then the screen goes black. After the screen goes black I hear a loud whooshing noise coming from the 622 (fans kicking on? Hard drive spinning up?). The fan noise goes for about 30 seconds and then stops. After that the screen is black for 2 or 3 minutes before the box comes back to life.

I've only had the 622 for a few weeks, so I was taking a wait and see approach, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue. Anybody have any ideas?

I hope this doesn't mean my 622 is dying a premature death, because then I'll have to "move" back to my billing address to have it serviced.

Edgar in Indy

Mine was doing this and finally i got fed up with it and finally convinced Dish to send me a new one. The one I had was only about 2 weeks old. They sent me a new one and we just shipped the other one out yesterday. So far, no more problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)