622 Hangs/Freezes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dgpruitt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Pojoaque, NM
Here's the situation that I'm seeing cause 622 freeze-ups:

1) Record a show (on a local HD channel - *not* OTA)
2) Begin watching the show while it is recording.
3) After a period of time, the picture freezes, audio drops out, and the receiver stops responding to the remote control. The only thing left to do is hit the power button and reset the system.

This happened to me during the following:

Sep 9, FOX, Fringe
Sep 13, NBC, Saturday Night Live
Sep 21, FOX, Denver Broncos vs New Orleans Saints

Anyone else see this or have any helpful info?

Thanks.

Similar hang-up happened last night...

Watching TBS-HD while recording Heroes prologue show on NBC-HD. System freezes and does not respond to remote. Press power button to reboot system...

Thanks.

I just spoke with Dish Network tech support. My 129 signal strength is bouncing from green to yellow at around 17-18 signal strength. They are sending someone over to try to re-point the dish and improve the signal. Hopefully, this will fix it.

Thanks.

I just spoke with Dish Network tech support. My 129 signal strength is bouncing from green to yellow at around 17-18 signal strength. They are sending someone over to try to re-point the dish and improve the signal. Hopefully, this will fix it.

Good Deal! Let us know how it goes.

Dish techs showed up today and re-pointed the dish. They could only get the signal for 129 transponder 18 up to around 23-24. Hopefully, this is enough and it fixes the freeze problem. I should know if it worked later tonight.

The 622 still freezes. My recording of SNL this weekend is unwatchable due to this problem. I called Dish support back and supposedly a tech is coming today from 12pm-5pm with a replacement receiver. However, it is now 4:30pm, and so far no techs...

OK, so Dish techs arrived yesterday around 4:30pm and swapped out my 622 with a 722. I haven't had a chance to test. It may be a few days before I'm confident the problem is resolved. More later...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)