622 Hard Drive Upgrade

At least internal disk not rejecting if you put it in USB2 enclosure and connect to 622. Just telling the feature not suppot yet.
It was posted - the 622's disk have 4 EXT3 ( Linux) partitions. I saw that from posted internal logs.

Hmmm...

My guess:
OS (Root etc), Swap, DVR (Customer), DVR Reserved (Dish)

Cheers,

I've been anxiously awaiting the external drive feature also. Last I heard it was expected 1Q 2007 (which probably means April or something). I need it as soon as I can get it, because my wife was so happy when we upgraded from our DirecTV SD Tivo (30 hrs storage) to our 622 (180 hrs storage), but that bubble quickly got burst when I told her that HD recordings brought that number back down to 30 hrs, and I am recording a LOT of HD (and she doesn't even care about HD).

I suspect the delay on Dish releasing the external hard drive function has little to do with technical issues. I think there are legal reasons they are holding off. The external hard drive function may complicate the situations with the Tivo lawsuit, distribution agreements with local stations, and the distant networks. Perhaps even some of the movie channels are pushing against this. No media company wants their shows stored for a long period of time. There may be things in current distribution agreements preventing them from offering this.

I am betting this will turn into another LOST Prommise from dish.

need i say NBR on 50x , NBR on 921 as a selling feature, and external storage on 942.

Ever since one of the threads where John K. learned me on different external USB and Ethernet storage options, thanks JK!, I've been wondering about getting something up and running...

So here's my question; What about using the Nextcom R5000-HD mod on a 211 or 622 with a PC and RAID5 NAS set-up? Pretty costly I suppose but, gets us there now instead of whenever E* feels like implementing something, no?

Ever since one of the threads where John K. learned me on different external USB and Ethernet storage options, thanks JK!, I've been wondering about getting something up and running...

So here's my question; What about using the Nextcom R5000-HD mod on a 211 or 622 with a PC and RAID5 NAS set-up? Pretty costly I suppose but, gets us there now instead of whenever E* feels like implementing something, no?

You're better off getting the 211 modified. The 622 Nextcom mod only works for what you're actively watching on tuner 1, so a 211 is a cheaper solution for that.

Cheers,

Why does MMedia need its own partition? I guess to limit the amount of pictures you can store.

Cheers,

JK, digging in Internet I found more accurate data about 622 disk.

1st partition - "MISC_HD" 2 GB EXT3
2nd partition - "MM_HD" 2 GB EXT3
3rd partition - swap 250 MB
4th partition - rest of space taken by one extended EFS partition, which hold other 3 EFS subpartitions ( sizes for 250/320 GB disks)
- "EFSMisc" 0.5/0.9 GB EFS
- "ES_RESERVED" 57/107 GB EFS
- "AV_REQ_HD" 186/206 GB EFS

1st EXT3 partition have 2 folders in root: 'lost+found' and 'mm_tmp' and bunch of system files/logs.
2nd EXT3 partition have 2 folders in root: 'lost+found' and 'mm_data';
under 'mm_data' locate one subfolder 'images';
under 'images' locate one subfolder 'All Photos' with two subfolders: '1536x864' and '208x158'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts