622 having trouble detecting external hard drive.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
This doesn't happen often, only twice so far, but it just started recently. When I connect a hard drive my 622 shows that no external hard drive is connected. I unplug everything from everywhere and try again and still not detected. I try another hard drive and it also won't be detected. Then after a couple of minutes of it being unplugged I try again and they are both detected. Also, I hooked up one of the hard drives to a different receiver right after the 622 said it was not detected and it worked on the other receiver. They are WD hard drives with no sleep mode. A problem with my 622?

EDIT: I should add I'm sure the power cable works because I can hear the hard drive powering on. I'm also sure it's not the USB cable because there's I have two different ones and neither works at that time. And this only happens when I connect the hard drive, never happened while the hard drive remains plugged in.

Last edited:
As you found you can usually get the EHD to be recognized by powering if off and back on.
Sometimes the receiver will be confused and will require a reboot to recognize any drive.
That is most likely to happen with a momentary power loss or USB disconnect.
-Ken

Those are the symptoms my Seagate EHD exhibited. When I ran the Seagate diagnostics on it they program indicated the drive had failed and generated an RMA so I could do a warranty exchange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts