622 HD aspect ratio error with SW614

crimer

Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
San Francisco area
622 with 614 SW update in single mode is diplaying HD content incorrectly -- it is zooming in, actually, cropping the bottom & top of the image (you can't see any subtitles at the bottom, or football scores on the top of the screen; left & right are fine).

This isn't the TV/HDMI connection or anything like that -- it's the actual 622 unit. For example: with guide active, and the video in the upper right on the guide, you can see the same "zoomed" image there with same parts of the image missing. Moreover, I can switch to OTA (NOT via 622) for the same HD broadcast on the TV, and all is well -- image size is correct. Again, this isn't the 42" 1080 set's issue. It's clearly the 622.

Am I missing some special setting that didn't exist before? I see no way to zoom this back down to "normal" HD setting.

Anyone else seen this problem with a fix?

Uh, I'm the *MORON* that didn't know about the undocumented "zoom mode" function that exists only on the original DISH remote, "*" key.

I use a Harmony remote, but someone (likely my 2 year old) found the other remote in a drawer and fixed that mode.

Needless to say this is resolved. Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)