622 HD aspect ratio error with SW614

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

crimer

Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
San Francisco area
622 with 614 SW update in single mode is diplaying HD content incorrectly -- it is zooming in, actually, cropping the bottom & top of the image (you can't see any subtitles at the bottom, or football scores on the top of the screen; left & right are fine).

This isn't the TV/HDMI connection or anything like that -- it's the actual 622 unit. For example: with guide active, and the video in the upper right on the guide, you can see the same "zoomed" image there with same parts of the image missing. Moreover, I can switch to OTA (NOT via 622) for the same HD broadcast on the TV, and all is well -- image size is correct. Again, this isn't the 42" 1080 set's issue. It's clearly the 622.

Am I missing some special setting that didn't exist before? I see no way to zoom this back down to "normal" HD setting.

Anyone else seen this problem with a fix?

Uh, I'm the *MORON* that didn't know about the undocumented "zoom mode" function that exists only on the original DISH remote, "*" key.

I use a Harmony remote, but someone (likely my 2 year old) found the other remote in a drawer and fixed that mode.

Needless to say this is resolved. Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)