622 HDMI issue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
I just recently got a 63 Inch Samsung Plasma HDTV 1080P, and im having some issues hooking it up to my 622 Via the HDMI cable.

Before I had a SONY rear projection with component imputs so I never had a need for the HDMI connection before.

To make a long story short, I got the TV hooked with component video cables and it works fine. When I hook it up with the HDMI cable, I get nothing. I take the same HDMI cable and hook it to my HD/DVD Player and it works fine which means the cable is good along with the connection on the TV.

Im almost 99% sure the 622 receiver is bad, but is there any setting or something I could be doing wrong to prevent the HDMI signal from coming out of the 622, or maybe a compatability issue with the TV?

Receiver is about a year and a half old and was activated in March 2006. Im just finding it hard to believe that the HDMI is bad on this receiver and I never got a chance to actually use it and considering out of maybe 300 HD receivers I have sold from the Dishstore during the past year, I only had to send back about 5 of them to DISH for an HDMI issue.

I got another 622 at the office, I really need to swap it out and see but I thought I would ask here first.

Connect your HDMI cables. Run the HDMI reset. From the rear of the 622, pull the hdmi cable to the left. If the connection is bad it might make contact.

I did this and used a rubber band to maintain the tension on the cable for about 2 weeks (until my HDD crashed).

When I was doing my "due dilligence" here several months ago before going with the 622, I had red ALOT of posts about bad HDMI ports in 622's..no doubt you have one of those..

I just recently got a 63 Inch Samsung Plasma HDTV 1080P, and im having some issues hooking it up to my 622 Via the HDMI cable.

Before I had a SONY rear projection with component imputs so I never had a need for the HDMI connection before.

To make a long story short, I got the TV hooked with component video cables and it works fine. When I hook it up with the HDMI cable, I get nothing. I take the same HDMI cable and hook it to my HD/DVD Player and it works fine which means the cable is good along with the connection on the TV.

Im almost 99% sure the 622 receiver is bad, but is there any setting or something I could be doing wrong to prevent the HDMI signal from coming out of the 622, or maybe a compatability issue with the TV?

Receiver is about a year and a half old and was activated in March 2006. Im just finding it hard to believe that the HDMI is bad on this receiver and I never got a chance to actually use it and considering out of maybe 300 HD receivers I have sold from the Dishstore during the past year, I only had to send back about 5 of them to DISH for an HDMI issue.

I got another 622 at the office, I really need to swap it out and see but I thought I would ask here first.
I have two 622s and I swapped out 3 or 4 boxes due to failed HDMI when they first came out. I just moved the downstairs 622 back up to the bedroom (connected to a 5-year old Mitsubishi Diamond CRT with component) and the damn HDMI isn't working. Ugh! It looks like I will have to send it back to E* for a replacement.

Is the R00 number of the receiver any indication as to whether you have a "newer" one or a refurb? I've read a lot about the HDMI port problem too and I just got a 622 and mine is working fine right now, but I thought I had read where they fixed it in newer hardware. A different connection of the HDMI to teh main board.

Or am I mixing stuff up (again)?

I don't recall the specifics, but I believe there was a hardware modification starting with a certain version number (i.e. A, B, C, D, etc.). The hardware modification involved adding a screw to the mounting bracket and perhaps something else to prevent the connector from seperating from the main-board. I wish I could locate the thread...

Sorry Claude,
There's nothing new here. The chassis screw has always been there. I believe it's the screw to the chassis that's putting the stress on the connector (so it doesn't matter if you use the port).

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd...problems-hdmi-211-411-622-a-6.html#post646910

After I did the repair (Aug/06), I losened the screws on both my 622s and both are still working fine (I'm VERY careful with the cables when I move the box).

A buddy at work just lost his HDMI (after around 7 months use). He found around 10 pins lose. He had a professional technician reflow the pins and is back up and running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts