622 - HDMI problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

willr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
se pa
I have a 622 with an HDMI cable going to my Samsung TV.

This setup has been working for 2 years now. I noticed the Receiver was replaced 2/2011 for something (can't recall what, but I do recall it took 2 receivers before Dish got me a good one).

Last week the HDMI output stopped working. If I hook another TV to L, R ,V the receiver sends a signal to test TV.
If I unplug the cable from the 622 and plug it into my laptop, I have video on the HDMI TV.

So Dish send me a replacement receiver. The new receiver worked for 6 days then I have the same problem! TV shows "no signal" on HDMI.
Again, I plugged HDMI cable into my PC and I have video on the HDMI TV. Plug the L R V cable into test TV and I have dishnetwork on test TV.

Since our power keeps going on and off after the Hurricane, it seems that after power on,
If I just leave the (HDMI) TV on, within 15 -30 minutes the receiver starts to send video over the HDMI cable. (mean while, the test TV I have plugged into the L, R, V has been displaying video since the power came back on.

Do you think I have a receiver problem or TV/Cable problem?
By the fact I can unplug the HDMI cable from the receiver and plug it into my laptop and see video on the screen seems to indicate to me the HDMI cable and TV is OK

It is hard to say for sure without being there but I have had 3 622s lose their HDMI output. The ports are rather flimsy so it can be damaged particularly if the receiver gets moved around.

Your probably right. I just went down and gently wiggled the HDMI cable in the receiver and it came back on.

See the TV is wall mounted in my bedroom. the 10' HDMI cable goes straight down through the floor to the receiver which sits on a shelf up high on the basement wall.

I had to do this because the receiver makes too much noise :(

Had a 622 replaced for the exact same problem.HDMI completely quit working on it.Finally got a 722 and at first the hdmi worked great on it,now it can take 10-15mins before it works.I know the cable is good have tested it with wdtv,and patriot media players both work great with same cable on same hdmi port.Composite and component works fine with it.Problem is wii is connected to component and 480i doesn't cut it on a 720P tv.Had a 612 for over a year and never had an issue with the hdmi on it.Difference being it was new and the 622/722 are refurbs.

You can try a different cable but I suspect its the receiver failing on hdmi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)