622 installed today - Sunday - interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ctcohen04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
My 622 install was scheduled for yesterday, Saturday noon to 5pm. Installer called at about 9:30 am to reschedule since they had no DPP 44s. Okay, kind of expected that after reading some of the posts here. Rescheduled for Wednesday, just 4 days off, not tooooo bad.

About 11am this morning, door bell rings - Installer is here for Dish. Great, i'm home, he has dish 1000 Dpp44 and extra separators.

All goes well until he starts testing the switch in checkswitch. Keeps trying 1 of 38, not 1 of 4. Deja vu for my original install 2+ years ago ( shorted coax, mixed DP and legacy - I fixed it as the installer never came back). The installer today was a nice guy, tried, but decided that the DPP44 was bad and said he'd be back tomorrow morning with a new one. He used my DP34 to install 2 of my 3 dual tuners - I chose the 622 as one and he got it activated.

Luckily he left the "bad" DPP44. After he was gone, I disconnected everything, used a tone generator to make sure I had the correct cables and hooke deverything back up one receiver at a time. Guess what? The DPP 44 is fine and everything is all hooked up and working!

I need him to run a ground wire when he comes back tomorrow and am going to push him to fine tune the dish. I am in California, Central Coast area and am getting mid 50s to low 80s, (mostly 55-65 on 129 and only averaging mid 80s on 119) I think I should get better than that _ Any comments on signal strength?
I watched him adjust the dish and it was very fast with a small meter for 119.

Anyway, glad to have it all up and running - hope to have Sopranos recording here in HD in a few minutes.

TC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts