622 L4.01 To Spool on Thursday! (Not sure WHICH thursday though)

No offense to anybody, but why not just set up a favorite and forget about all of this channel mapping and HD logos? My wife doesn't have a problem accessing the favorites and knowing which channel is in HD and which channel isn't. "ooooh, I nice new purdy HD logo." :rolleyes:

This update doesn't really give us any additional functionality. I have never had a problem setting up an HD recording (meaning I've never accidentally selected the SD version instead of the HD version). Every time Dish Network releases an update, it doesn't affect me in the least bit. They need to quit screwing around and release an update for external storage. :mad:

5.1 over hdmi! :)

Thats about the only thing I'm looking forward to. The rest is kinda useless to me.

I notice how folks talk about 5.1 over HDMI, external storage, and the HD labelling. But nobody seems to care anymore about Dish Online.:devil: :p

No offense to anybody, but why not just set up a favorite and forget about all of this channel mapping and HD logos? My wife doesn't have a problem accessing the favorites and knowing which channel is in HD and which channel isn't. "ooooh, I nice new purdy HD logo." :rolleyes:

This update doesn't really give us any additional functionality. I have never had a problem setting up an HD recording (meaning I've never accidentally selected the SD version instead of the HD version). Every time Dish Network releases an update, it doesn't affect me in the least bit. They need to quit screwing around and release an update for external storage. :mad:

Consider yourself lucky then. If I had to rely on my wife to record 10 programs(HD shows), 9 of them would be in SD.

Scott,

What does respool mean? it's going to download a night or we reboot and it downloads, what do you mean?

Scott

It means they try to send it again.

Not sure on the 622, but on the 942 and 921 the new software would download on the second tuner if it was not in use. Then a reboot would install it. So I can't say if this is the case here or not.

I'm pretty sure that the 622 needs to have both tuners off to be able to download new software.

Possable delay in release of software (could be as late as next wednesday) not 100% sure, due to error that the rec may be rejecting the software and causing hard drive errors
Sorry to shoot another hole in your theory and to prove the tech on the phone pulled one over on you, according to Smith P the 622's latest s/w isn't in the stream yet. If it's not out there yet, how could it possibly be creating these issues ??

You know what? I am not even going to read these "New Firmware" posts anymore. No offense, I appreciate the info, but it's so much easier just to get an unexpected update then an expected disappointment. I'll just turn my 622 on one day and there it'll be. It may be tomorrow, it may be a year from now, but it'll come when I least expect it and that's the way I like it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts