622 - Lost audio on TV2 output

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I just turned on my TV in the bedroom and it has no audio on my 622's coax output. I tested another TV and it has the same issue. I'm getting a picture, but no sound. I tried rebooting the receiver and switching between single and dual modes, but it didn't make any difference. All the TV1 outputs are working fine. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I did some more testing tonight... TV2 composite outputs work fine. It is only the RF output that does not produce audio. I swapped out the cable and tried it on multiple TV's and that didn't help, so there is definitely something with the output itself. Is there anything else I can try to bring it back or is my box fried?

Call Dish and get it replaced.. It's fried
That's what I thought too... but after a call to tech support my trusty old 622 is back up and running. I had done several reboots, check switch, etc on my own, but never thought to unplug the receiver completely. Tech support had me try that and my audio came back. I'm happy because I really didn't want to make the 722 vs. 922 decision yet, so now I can delay it a little longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts