622 Lost HDMI output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My HDMI failed after I bought an HDMI cable and connected it several months ago. I had always used component up to then and since.

I read a post about pulling the HDMI cable to the left (looking from behind) and when I did it the HDMI came back. Of course I had to hold the tension on the cable for it to work, so I used a rubber band around the HDMI cable 1-1 1/2 inches from the back of the 622 and put the green cable end of my component connector through the other end of the rubber band. It keeps enough tension on the connector that it has been working for 3 days now.

Maybe after we get external archiving of recordings I'll have it replaced with one that doesn't need a rubber band. On the other hand, that is the only problem I've had with this 622 - maybe I'll just keep it until I run out of rubber bands.

I ran HDMI for 2 days when I got my 622 last year. Then I switched to component, HDMI looked terrible on my 1080p Samsung.

Now that we've added the second TV in the bedroom I ran HDMI to that and got a second UHF #1 remote.

I put in a series of cable holders and loops to take ALL the tension off of the cable itself. Its a 35ft thick cable but I used some hooks so there is no tention on it at all. If I pulled it away it basically will hang in the air in the same position.

Hopefully I won't run into a problem.

BTW, HDMI has to be one of the poorest designed connectors. These 24g in wall cables I got from Monoprice are great but stand alone they'd put a huge strain on any socket.

I have now had 4 replacement 622's and still no HDMI..... they really need to get this issue resolved..... or give me a 722 as replacement

My HDMI went out a few months after I got it in April 2006. I called about it and told them the problem, but I could fix it by jiggling the cable to the 622. That finally started not working. I called them up again and reported that my 622 would not output HDMI. They took notes on my account, but I told them that I would use component for the time being. I then heard about the security feature dish might activate on the component and then immediately called for a replacement. I was told that since my component worked, I would not need another. I then just made up a bs excuse and told them that my new DVD player did not have hdmi, but only component and that I would use my only component connection on my tv for the dvd player. The CSR then immediately agreed to send me the replacement 622 2-day air. Its funny too cause I have a component switcher, but I didn't tell them that.

So.... If you are having any problems getting a replacement, just make up a bs story about how you must have hdmi. :D

I just went thru my 622 having a dead HDMI port. It took a week to get a replacement unit. Mine may have been dead for awhile since I was connected with Component and upgraded my TV and switched to HDMI. From this string, it seems E* is having a major issue with the port failing. I just wish I researched this string before I spent hours going thru set up and trying 3 different HDMI cables and then calling support and waiting a week to fix it. My gut kept telling me to look here first. My bad

It's a surface mounted jack with very poor initial soldering. Resolder the jack to the system board and you will be good to go. Takes all of one minute after the iron is hot. Of course, you have to open the receiver...