622 nightly reboot?

bobl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
My 622 is running very well but I've noticed a recurring theme each night. I believe it must be rebooting each night because when I go into sytem information (menu-6-1-3) I always see one or two signal interruptions for each tuner. It shows two on each tuner if I go in before 9:06 P.M. and only one if after that time. This is because the signal interruption always occurs between 3:06 A.M. and 9:06 A.M. every day (this information is shown on the details page). It only shows interruptions for the last 48 hours so after 9:06 P.M. the one from two days ago has dropped off. None of this is really a problem. I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this with their 622?

Bob

I did'nt check the menu but I think mine may be doing it too. I turn it off at night and in the morning its back on again. The update is set for 3pm so its not updating during the night. Also I noticed yesterday that it recorded something on the History channel for an hour that I did'nt tell it to and it scheduled the same show to record next Monday. Weird.

It reboots when a scheduled "guide" download occured (when the unit is in standby mode). By default, it was set at 3:00am. I have switched it to noon since I won't be home during that time during the week. And on weekends, if I was watching TV around that time, it won't reboot until next time since the unit is not in standby mode.

My newly installed bedroom 622 did a reboot at 3am last night...the fan/drive noise woke up my wife! And of course I had to hear about it getting ready for work, "Is it always going to do that?"...argh.

Reset the time for the reboot for later in the day or when you go to bed so it will get the reboot over . I reset all mine for 6:00 am . I get up around 3:30 am on work days and not till 6:30 on non workdays so I never have to wake up to the sound of the reboot.

shanewalker said:
My newly installed bedroom 622 did a reboot at 3am last night...the fan/drive noise woke up my wife! And of course I had to hear about it getting ready for work, "Is it always going to do that?"...argh.
Yes, unless you change the timer time. I changed mine to 7am. Menu 8-5.

Otherwise the 622 is extremely quiet. Especially as compared to the 921 it replaced.

MikeD-C05 said:
Reset the time for the reboot for later in the day or when you go to bed so it will get the reboot over . I reset all mine for 6:00 am . I get up around 3:30 am on work days and not till 6:30 on non workdays so I never have to wake up to the sound of the reboot.

Done.

That fan is still LOUD, though :).

VegasVoomer said:
.....I noticed yesterday that it recorded something on the History channel for an hour that I did'nt tell it to and it scheduled the same show to record next Monday. Weird.
I have the "D" version 622 and it is doing the same thing for some timer shows on HDNet @3 AM.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts