Can't wait to get out of comcast

Kizkulesi

Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
My last comcast bill was $192 and that was it, I freaked out and cancelling my service, only thing is holding me up now is MLB package which I already paid and they don't give partial credit back so I have to wait until end of the September to do it. I think bill goes like this $67.95 digital package $9.95 HD package $42.95 Internet than Internet modem and few digital A/O package total of $25-30 and lastly partial payment of MLB packae $39.75. And I have no premium channels at all nothing No HBO, Cinemax or any other!!!
I have been checking the packages DN offers and I think much better of going of with DN. Only thing I'm worrying is the internet. Comcast charges $57.95 if you are not a cable customer with them (Very expensive) I can not get DSL is not available for my area, believe me I can go to dial up (Even I will go crazy) but I'm willing to try as long as I won't pay anything to comcast.
Looks like I have 2 months to go and asking you guys any suggestions when time comes what to look for and what to get.

If you keep comcast's basic service do you get the lower rate for internet? If so, why don't you downgrade to their basic service and not get local channels from Dish Network? That would be saving you $5 on every package if you don't get them because locals cost $5 in addition to the package price.

I kept basic service which is something like 9 a month, so its actually cheaper to keep that 9 a month + the promo rate of 42.95, than to just pay the 57.95. Plus like kevlard says you still get locals through cable.

Yeh that might be a good idea but no HD local than right? To order to get HD you can not do it with basic

actualy some people might be surpised by this but the only way comcast can give u internet is to give u thier pasic package... i know it sounds wierd but if u cancel everything but your internet and plug the cable into your tv you will still get all the basic channels... (dont ask how i know this... a bird told me... im not stealing tv)

I cancelled Comcast a long time ago, but need the internet. They told me if I stayed on their most basic plan, the cable internet would be cheaper each month. I agreed. To my surprise, they never shut off the extended channels, and I used to watch free HDTV and extended cable (69 channels) on my Sony 42" w/QAM tuner for $6 bucks a month. And my work paid for it! (since they pay for my modem and it was cheaper that way anyway). Didn't pay a penny and it still wasn't worth it.

Even all of that, getting free HD channels, etc, was not good enough. Comcast's SD quality was horriffic. I now have Dish 622 HD (Gold) and a 42" Westinghouse LCD on the way. Life could not be better. Comcast sucks....even if they are free!!

I kept comcast's standard basic for 16 per month inorder to get the reduced internet rate of $42, it's been 9 months and have been getting extended basic for free!Which is sweet because I get YES Network which E doesn't offer yet!!!Although it's in horrible analog.Dish's internet is still too expensive, does verizon work for you? Or SBY Yahoo DSL? I have vonage and broadband VOIP so I need a reliable ISP which comcast is, they're just expensive.Good luck.

no DSL for me now but I'm considering dial up (I know it is going to be horrible) until DSL comes in. Well as long as Comcast doesn't involved I'll be happy.
$57.95 internet service a month!!! They have got some nerves $57 is just INCREDIBLE. This is why their earnings sky rocketted dumbs like us paying outrages amount to these guys. Hopefully goverment steps in and regulated these rip of artists. Same garbage I have in my business that is $95.00 month, but business I have to I guess (Unless if someone compares between DSL and Comcast for speed, price, etc.) Also I don't want DN installer make holes all over the house I guess I will tell them to use comcast wiring already I have. Is that make sense?
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)