622 not recording programs but says it is...

CRFTony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Today my 622 started to act up. It began at 1pm. A show was supposed to record but was skipped. The reason listed for being skipped was "this event already exists in the dvr" or something like that, but it was a new episode of the show and should have recorded, just as it does every other week day.

Then tonight it really started getting buggy. At 9pm it was supposed to record Fringe and Grey's Anatomy. It showed in the guide that it was recording both, but when I clicked the DVR button and went into my recorded shows, only Fringe was showing up. I went back to the guide and tried to click on Grey's Anatomy (which had the red "recording" icon beside it) and it said something like changing the channel would stop the recording of CSI. Now, I don't have a timer for CSI and CSI has never recorded before and CSI didn't actually record this time either. But the DVR tried to tell me it was recording, along with Fringe and Grey's Anatomy, but only Fringe was actually recorded.

At 10pm, it was supposed to record The Apprentice and Fact or Fiction. The Apprentice recoded and it showed that FoF was recording, but sure enough, when both shows were over, only The Apprentice showed up in my dvr list of recorded programs. I checked the schedule and it says that Grey's Anatomy and FoF were recorded, but neither are showing up in the list of all of my other shows. I have 20+ HD hours of recording space left, so it can't be a HD space issue.

Has anyone had anything like this happen? A Dish tech support drone told me to reboot the receiver, which I did during the 9 o'clock hour and it still happened again at 10. They said they'd submit the issue to their technicians but wouldn't send me a new 622 because that wouldn't fix the issue. So what will? I have a DVR that wasn't cheap to obtain that can now apparently only record 1 show at a time and skips other programs at random without reason. Very frustrating.

Oh, and just fyi, these are all programs received through Dish, I don't receive any channels OTA if that matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)