622 only one OTA tuner?

lutton

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
I deduced that the 622 only has one OTA HDtuner. Is this correct? If so, I'd say that's a little disappointing. Not horrible, as I can and do get some of my HD locals via satellite, but not being able to tune in two different HD OTAs at the same time is surprising for such an advanced unit.:confused:

It is funny how different people have different expectations. I was excited to find out that the OTA tuner was separate from the other two tuners and allowed me to record 3 channels at once. I guess I might feel differently if dish did not carry all my locals via satellite.

EDIT: Ok ok.. I have two OTA tuners between both of my 622's? One in the bedroom and the other in the living room ;) Plus my living room TV has built in HD recording capabilities.

Last edited:
VinceT3 said:
I have two OTA tuners on my 622's? One in the bedroom and the other in the living room ;) Plus my TV has a built in recording capabilities.

Trying to cryptic? This statement will confuse many. Just say you have 2 622's. Or do you mean you have the 622 outputs to the living room and the bedroom.

OTA = Over The Air, meaning you local stations with an off air antennia. One 622 will only have one OTA tuner.

Last edited:
DishNetwork is a satellite provider. The one OTA is a bonus, they could have left it out and just had a satellite only receiver. Some people wouldn't be satisfied unless it could simultaneously record every channel offered all the time - not a bad idea - HMMM.

1 OTA tuner saves Dish money making the boxes. Charlie has no incentive to facilitate subs getting locals using the 622 OTA's when he would rather have your subscribe to locals, and if even you don't want to pay for HD LIL's and prefer using the OTA for locals, Charlie wants you to pay for the on-screen guide info for your locals via OTA. Many subs have fumed over this last point. All about $$$$$.

lutton said:
I deduced that the 622 only has one OTA HDtuner. Is this correct? If so, I'd say that's a little disappointing. Not horrible, as I can and do get some of my HD locals via satellite, but not being able to tune in two different HD OTAs at the same time is surprising for such an advanced unit.:confused:

How I translated this:

"damn, I have this DUAL tuner and it won't do more than THREE things at a time!! What a rip-off!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)