622 OTA timers not working

Two more replacement 622s, and still OTAs won't record with a "new" timer. Yes, getting by with a "weekly" or "M-F", but this really ticks me off that Dish won't fix or even admit there is an issue. Back in September there were a lot of posts - did the problem go away for others, or am I supposed to be a good little customer and just make the workarounds work for me?

I have just started to experience a problem with my OTA timers just today, and it seems to coincide with my installation of smart cards that just arrived a few days ago. Prior to installing these cards, there were no smart cards in either of my DVR's (ViP 722 and DVR-625). And prior to installing these smart cards, ALL of my timers worked just fine. I don't have too many OTA timers, but I expect them to work as they should. I installed my newly arrived smart cards last evening at about 7PM. I only had 1 OTA timer set for the evening (American Idol), and it recorded fine. However, tonight, just about 15 minutes before my American Idol OTA timer SHOULD HAVE been ready to record, i happened to check my timers for the evening and noticed that my OTA timer for AI was not set to record! I had no idea why, so I set another timer for the shortly-to-air show and set it to ALL, and I checked next week's shows....and they are NOT set to record!!

So, is this caused by the installation of the smart cards? And if so...WTF!!! That's ridiculous!! It was working just fine, and now it's broken, for no reason!!! Any insight?

The ota recording problem just started about a week ago, have 618 software on the 622. I don't use the ota unless I've got two sat timers already going. The ota timers worked fine before then. The timers would disappear from scheduled recordings (hit "dvr" three times) and wouldn't show up in the guide either. They would still show if I went to "edit" the list of scheduled timers. Silly me, I didn't check the "technical discussions" section of sat guys; did figure out that setting "weekly" timers they would stay and the timers would fire. I called tech support yesterday and even though I got a US call center the tech was pretty clueless. The tech said something like "after the digital transition you won't be able to get an ""antenna"" signal anyway; yeah I figured I'd wasted 10 or 15 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!

The ota recording problem just started about a week ago, have 618 software on the 622. I don't use the ota unless I've got two sat timers already going. The ota timers worked fine before then. The timers would disappear from scheduled recordings (hit "dvr" three times) and wouldn't show up in the guide either. They would still show if I went to "edit" the list of scheduled timers. Silly me, I didn't check the "technical discussions" section of sat guys; did figure out that setting "weekly" timers they would stay and the timers would fire. I called tech support yesterday and even though I got a US call center the tech was pretty clueless. The tech said something like "after the digital transition you won't be able to get an ""antenna"" signal anyway; yeah I figured I'd wasted 10 or 15 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!
Doesn't it suck that these tech people you get on the phone, the ones that WORK for Dish Network, the ones that should KNOW everything there is to know about the equipment, end up not knowing SH-T!!! We know more than them!! How are we supposed to get help from these people!! (As you can tell, I'm a bit pissed off!!)

Stan, when you noticed your OTA timers starting to fail, had you recently installed the new smart cards that Dish is sending out?

Doesn't it suck that these tech people you get on the phone, the ones that WORK for Dish Network, the ones that should KNOW everything there is to know about the equipment, end up not knowing SH-T!!! We know more than them!! How are we supposed to get help from these people!! (As you can tell, I'm a bit pissed off!!)

Stan, when you noticed your OTA timers starting to fail, had you recently installed the new smart cards that Dish is sending out?

No, this 622 was a replacement for a perfectly working 622 (well, about 99.5% of the time:D) receiver that I had to get replaced in order so Dish wouldn't charge me a $7 lease fee (only receiver on the acct). It was put in service about 7 weeks ago so I'm guessing the latest smart card was already installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts