622 problem

mlb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Kettering, Ohio
Last night I was trying to flip channels to ESPN2HD when the box just came up with a black screen. I did a reboot (held power for 10 secs), nothing. Did a check switch, came up with an error (502). I called Dish tech support and they had me do all the same as well, to no avail. The Dish support tech said I probably needed a new receiver, but since I am already scheduled for an on site visit this afternoon to show them they problem as they might be able to fix it out on the Dish.

Which brings me to this:

What will the installation tech do this afternoon out on the Dish?
Has anybody else seen this problem? If so, were you able to fix it or did you get a new receiver.

Thanks,
Mick

How did you get such a fast repair appointment? Did you unplug the 622? You might try pulling the sat cables from 622 and run a Check Switch, then re-attach cables and run another CS.

Last edited:
Dirtydan said:
How did you get such a fast repair appointment? Did you unplug the 622? You might try pulling the sat cables from 622 and run a Check Switch, then re-attach cables and run another CW.

I already had an appointment scheduled (they screwed up the original installation).

Anyhow, I'm not sure what happened, but today I just ran another check switch and it was all working again?!? I had done your suggestion last night when talking to tech support except for actually unplugging the 622. Next time I will try that.

Thanks for the reply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)