622 problems please help before my wife kills me

halsan40

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Palm Bay, Fl
I have searched this forum but can't find an answer. Pardon me if this is a redundant question
I had a 622 installed last nite and today it did the following at least 5 times:
Screen went black
Audio became garbled
Unit powered down
after a couples of minutes unit powers up
after a couple more minutes the picture returns

I called Dish advanced techs and he had me pull the power cord out for 30 seconds.
If this doesn't fix it what should I do?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hal

Last edited:
Call and have it replaced. I don't care if it is a software issue, others have units not rebooting all the time. You are entittled to a receiver that works without throwing tantrums all the time. I had one that way and they replaced it.

dfergie said:
List your software version (ava in sys info), and mode (dual or single) and we will put this in the 622 bugs thread...(Haven't had all of these symptoms with mine)
Thank you for your reply. It is in dual mode and the software is L355

gpflepsen said:
Call and have it replaced. I don't care if it is a software issue, others have units not rebooting all the time. You are entittled to a receiver that works without throwing tantrums all the time. I had one that way and they replaced it.
Thank you for you advice, I shall do that tomorrow.

RandallA said:
Yeah, this one sounds like a bad unit. Call them and have it replace.
This Forum is fantastic. If I was a younger man I would say it ROCKS!!
I called Dish and told them that many people have told me they don't have this problem. They are sending me a replacement unit.
Many Thanks to all.
Hal

Yes hurry up and ship it back so they can ship it out to me for my saturday install.:eek:

Just kiddin but it would be nice to get something but an empty box or two.

DucTape said:
Yes hurry up and ship it back so they can ship it out to me for my saturday install.:eek:

Just kiddin but it would be nice to get something but an empty box or two.
Great I will do that. If it wasn't for the intermittent operation this would be a great receiver.
It even has one menu just for the HDTV channels, and the second TV works great.
Can't wait to get over this problem.

Just a follow up. I requested a replacement on Monday and got it Yesterday. I hooked it up and so far it's working fine. I really hope it stays that way.
Thank you forum for your advice to insist on a replacement. You were right on!
Hal

Glad to hear it is all working well now. If you have any more problems you know where to come!!

One last follow up. This new receiver has performed flawlessly. I packed up the first one today to send back to d*. It had a rev letter of A whereas then new one is Rev C.
Guess they fixed the problem and BTW this is a fantastic receiver!

One last follow up. This new receiver has performed flawlessly. I packed up the first one today to send back to d*. It had a rev letter of A whereas then new one is Rev C.
Guess they fixed the problem and BTW this is a fantastic receiver!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)