622 random channel changing

Leardc

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Spokane
Ok I was watching Lost on the DVR and it switched over to live TV on its own, I put it back and figured I bumped the remote. Now it stays on what ever I am watching for about 5 minutes tops and then starts switching channels all over the place, jumping in and out of guide etc...

It is almost like somebody is messing with the remote, I took the batteries out of my remote to eleminate it, I did a reboot with the button, unplugged it for a minute, reset factory defaults all with no help. Think I have a bad 622? I hope not because I have SEVERAL hours of recorded shows from this week to catch up on. :mad:

The 1,309,405th "my channels change on their own" thread. Most likely, one of your neighbors has DISH Network and their remote is controlling your receiver (as well as theirs). You'll have to change your remote address. Your manual should have instructions on how to do it.

The 1,309,405th "my channels change on their own" thread. Most likely, one of your neighbors has DISH Network and their remote is controlling your receiver (as well as theirs). You'll have to change your remote address. Your manual should have instructions on how to do it.

I did search... nobody near me has Dish Network and even if they did they would have to be hitting the buttons EXTREMLY fast to do what mine is doing.

I will try to the remote address though, thanks.

Ok reprogramming the 2nd (UHF) remote apears to have fixed it, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :up

I actually had to go searching for the 2nd remote as I have never used it.

Ok reprogramming the 2nd (UHF) remote apears to have fixed it, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :up

I actually had to go searching for the 2nd remote as I have never used it.

Glad you got it fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts