622 Reception Error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Hi! All receivers are okay except my 622. I have a 1000+ and an old Voom dish getting 119, 110, 61.5 (HD) and 118 locals. My 622 just started doing this funny thing. It sees all the sattelites when I choose point dish. In installation summary when I run a test sat 1 is all red x'd out except the green 61.5 and I get the HD channels on the 622. Sat input 2 is all red x'd out and status says reception error under both sat inputs.

I have removed the coax from the dish and run a test with same results. I have also switched the two sat inputs from the splitter with same results.

Any suggestions?

UFC is tomorrow and I really want to buy it!

I have an 811, and an old non hd dvr receiver that both work fine and get all the channels.

Unplug your sat cables and run a check switch. This will clear the matrix. Then replug them in and re run a check switch. This should fix your problem. Also you might unplug your reciever for a minute , then replug it back in and let it do a hard reboot.

Thanks for the reply! I did the matrix clear several times. It still didn't work. I then swapped my 811 and put it in the line the 622 is on and the 811 sees all sats so it is not in the line coming in. It still cold be my seperator. I called dish and they can send me one but I don't want to wait so I am calling Radio Shack and Sears to see if they have one. How often does a serperator go bad? Dish said if the sep doesn't work they will send me a new 622. Just thought this may help others.

Try...

Turning the separator over (reversing the inputs).
Also, check for strands of braid touching the copper on the lines that connect the separator to the 622.

Separators are a pretty reliable part, though I've replaced a few.

Highdef Jeff

thanks. Tried reversing the cables and it didn't work. Bought a new seperator but have been too busy to even try it. I'll let you know how it turns out.:)

Okay. This is just weird. Dish had me connect my 811 to the Sat line in that the 622 is connected to to verify the line (coax from dpp44) is okay. 811 saw all the satellites and got reception. I even bought a new seperator to rule it out. 622 still did not work and they had me hook it in to the line that I took the 811 off of and the 622 still got reception error. So Dish is sending me a replacement 622. Here's where it gets weird. I went to hook my 811 back up and it appears to be DEAD! It is completly non repsonsive! Won't even power up. I have had it fro probably 2 years or more and it has always worked fine.

My question is...is there a possibility that the coax in hurt both receivers somehow? And if so what in the world wold do such a thing? Hmmm....the other thing that they have in common is that I plugged my 811 in to a six plug power surge protector in the same plg that I unplugged my 622 from. The 6 plg thing I am ashamed to admit is a cheap one, not a monster or anything like that. But also there are other things plgged in to it that are just fine.

Any ideas?:(

Wow. Got up this am and plgged in my 811 and it turned right on. How after sitting 8 hours has it gone from not even powering on to powering right up? Anyone have this happen before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)