622 rescheduled! As I expected...

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ahh but they ARE transmitting them in MPEG2, however the channels are only being seen by those with a new receiver.

If a channel is being transmitted, yet no one has the equipment to receive it ...
does it still have a picture?

E* is the new curriculum for Philosophy majors. :D

Cold Irons said:
WHY dish won't just xmit these new channels in MPEG2 for a while and TAKE MY MONEY. Sheesh.....

Because they'd much rather take more of your money today... for a 622 tomorrow (or next week, or next month, or whenever the ____ they decide to send ANYBODY one)

Turns out I am getting a box today... An empty box to put my old 508 into! I called Dish back and they verified my UPS shipping for today is an empty box. :-( But, I truly didn't expect more. He said the 622's are expected to ship Thurs or Fri of next week, maybe... So, we wait.

I called today to verify my install on Monday(expecting to be delayed) and was told that I had a receiver in the mail and should be getting it today or tomorrow. The CSR looked it up and said that it should be delivered today. I got the tracking number and tracked it myself and sure enough, I have a box being delivered today but it is a 2lb box so I called back to find out what is going on with my install and was told by a CSR(she was pretty rude) that if they are shipping me a receiver then I will definitely get one today as that was what her system said and when I tried to explain that a 2lb box could not be a receiver and asked her to recheck the information she stated that I would be getting the 622 today and that they were not trained on what they weigh. Oh well, expecting to be excited/disappointed like goaliebob and then call and find out when I am rescheduled for.

I received my call tonight around 8:30pm EST. They had to reschedule from Feb 15th to Feb 23rd.

JamesThurber said:
I called today to verify my install on Monday(expecting to be delayed) and was told that I had a receiver in the mail and should be getting it today or tomorrow. The CSR looked it up and said that it should be delivered today. I got the tracking number and tracked it myself and sure enough, I have a box being delivered today but it is a 2lb box so I called back to find out what is going on with my install and was told by a CSR(she was pretty rude) that if they are shipping me a receiver then I will definitely get one today as that was what her system said and when I tried to explain that a 2lb box could not be a receiver and asked her to recheck the information she stated that I would be getting the 622 today and that they were not trained on what they weigh. Oh well, expecting to be excited/disappointed like goaliebob and then call and find out when I am rescheduled for.

Hey James,
Bet you get an empty return box like I did. Took the wind out of my sails, but still, like you, that is what I expected.... Time flies, so we'll get them soon. :D

emtownsend, that is exactly what I got so I called E* to see what was going on with my install (i posted another thread about it) and basically without contacting me(according to them they tried but my wife is home all day and has not gotten "the call") they pushed my install back to March 15th. I don't mind the delays, it is the lack of contact that frustrates me.:mad:

OK, after Dish rescheduling my 20 Feb install to 3 March, I get another wrench trhown in the works.

I received a 27 February summons for JURY DUTY! I just hope I'm done by Friday so I can be there to meet the installer, if not I'll have to reschedule AGAIN!!!! I bet, since I'll be the one requesting a reschedule this time, I'll have to wait a really long time.

jrfuda said:
OK, after Dish rescheduling my 20 Feb install to 3 March, I get another wrench trhown in the works.

I received a 27 February summons for JURY DUTY! I just hope I'm done by Friday so I can be there to meet the installer, if not I'll have to reschedule AGAIN!!!! I bet, since I'll be the one requesting a reschedule this time, I'll have to wait a really long time.

Hmmm. "wrench thrown in the works", jury duty? You sound English, a naturalized citizen maybe? If not, just tell them you aren't a citizen, and that disqualifies you for Jury duty! You can always commit some crime, as felons don't get summoned - although I highly don't recommend that. You could always get hurt or something, a doctor's note can get you out of it. :D

I can just see it now. jrfuda in the deliberation room screens out, "Can we just hang him already, I've got an important satellite install scheduled!"

Reschedule date

Ordered 622 on 1 Feb 06 with scheduled onstallation date of 13 Feb 06. Received call to my cell phone late Friday evening (10 Feb 06) from the DISH Corporate office stating that the installation date was being moved to 14 Mar 06. Called number provided - American Digital on Sat requesting verification and talked with DISH for 30 minutes stating that a receiver would ship on 13th!!! I tried several times to pin him down to whether it would be 13 Feb or 13 Mar. Called again at noon today and it is indeed 14 Mar 06. Appreciate Scott's first look and will wait patiently... bummer

jsanders said:
Hmmm. "wrench thrown in the works", jury duty? You sound English, a naturalized citizen maybe? If not, just tell them you aren't a citizen, and that disqualifies you for Jury duty! You can always commit some crime, as felons don't get summoned - although I highly don't recommend that. You could always get hurt or something, a doctor's note can get you out of it. :D

I can just see it now. jrfuda in the deliberation room screens out, "Can we just hang him already, I've got an important satellite install scheduled!"
Born and bread in the US! I've already gotten out of the duty. I'm in the military and just spoke to our JAG who took the summons from me and told me not to worry about it, she'd take care of it. I think we're exempt since we have our own judicial system and could serve as a jury member on a courts marshall.

So my install dates safe, for now...

Called February 1st at 6:30am.. Scheduled Friday the 17th for a new install. My installer called to confirm on the 10th. I called them back today and they have the 622 and 625 on hand waiting for Friday! Dish wanted to push it to the 27th but the installer is good with the 17th and has everything he needs.

scooby2 said:
Called February 1st at 6:30am.. Scheduled Friday the 17th for a new install. My installer called to confirm on the 10th. I called them back today and they have the 622 and 625 on hand waiting for Friday! Dish wanted to push it to the 27th but the installer is good with the 17th and has everything he needs.

Sweet! Sounds like they are trickling out. Let us know how it goes, please!

scooby2 said:

Any luck? Are you a 622 watcher?

I called Dish today & tried to speak with a CSR and she could not understand me nor I her. This disgusts me. Dish should at least have fluent english speakers for cryin out loud... Anyway, I called Tech Support and they were able to help. They said there is no status for me beyond my install dat of 03/07. They just said that if I don't get the box by the 5th, to call. I was getting hopeful since I have heard of folks getting them now.

emtownsend said:
I was getting hopeful since I have heard of folks getting them now.

I think the case is that those people who originally had install dates in the 20/21/22 range are getting their receivers this week. I know that you and I were both scheduled for last week before the receivers were even being shipped. Now that our install date is pushed back so will our receiver ship date be pushed back. I say this because I was talking to someone at the executive office and he was giving me the typical short supply/techs and that Dish was taking care of the people that ordered on the 1st first. As soon as I indicated that I had ordered on the 1st but had not been given a properly padded install date(and now have to wait an additional 4 weeks) he backpedaled and said that he would try and get a receiver out to me as soon as possible because I did not need an installer for my setup. That was on Wed and still no update on my account about the receiver.

I called this morning and they are telling me 2-3 weeks. Is this possible? I see people that ordered Feb 1 still don't have receiver.

To boot they charge my card NOW!!! Are they just telling me 2-3 weeks now and it will be a month?

April 1st will be a disaster with all the rebaters coming on.

Brian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts