622 rescheduled! As I expected...

emtownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Post Falls, ID
Dish just called! My install scheduled for this Sunday was rescheduled until March 7th! They said there were "shipping problems" with the 622... ie., they are out of 'em I would imagine.
Just like our moderators told us it would happen! So frustrating that Dish has this reputation of not delivering on time & this kind of expected problem just reinforces that reputation... Ah well.

goaliebob99 said:
What was your original dates :)

Ordered on the release date and scheduled for 02/12/06 install.

OK...... I called Dish & they said UPS is set to deliver my 622 on the 10th. Just two more days, and in time to make the 02/12 original install date. The CSR told me I have to call back when the box is received to reschedule again!
What is this business? The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Another question: Why can't I just plug this box in and go? I was recently upgraded to a Dish 1000 not even a month ago. I think the required infrastructure is already there, right? sheesh.

Dish like all companies when you get new products they don't come out on time. I would like to know, why they don't just go ahead and say there are issues. I guess a big part of it is the stock market.

Last I have heard ther are some issues with the current equipment, there have been some recalls... Defective chip on the MB. Thought I share this with you guys.

All 622 order was to be sch 20 days from the order date because of shipping and to avoid resch if you was sch before the 21st then you will be resch more then likely unless you was sch like the 18th or 19th you may get the rec in by then.. most of the 622s has not even setup to ship yet most of them are going to ship around the 10th to 14th depending on when you placed your order this is the first set of shipments most people are now being sch first week of march.. to avoid back orders and resch dates..

dimi1963 said:
Last I have heard ther are some issues with the current equipment, there have been some recalls... Defective chip on the MB. Thought I share this with you guys.

That was posted a while back ago here.. but the real issue turned out to be software.. there currently is no software on the birds for us to download in to our 622. there are 3 beta versions but no real version.

Hum. I called my local Dish installer. The ones that set me up originally and the ones that did my Dish 1000 upgrade 3 weeks ago. They said they may be able to do the install. They are going to call me back in a few and let me know. I guess my box is on the UPS truck and scheduled for deliver day after tomorrow.
Here's to hoping... And I hope it is not a problem box!

goaliebob99 said:
but the real issue turned out to be software.. there currently is no software on the birds for us to download in to our 622. there are 3 beta versions but no real version.

We're beta testers then? hehe, I guess I can live with that in exchange for being an "early adopter". I can live with a few bugs as long as the main functionality is there...

emtownsend said:
I guess my box is on the UPS truck and scheduled for deliver day after tomorrow.

Where you originally told that the 622 was shipping to you or were you expecting the installer to bring it out at the install time?

emtownsend said:
Hum. I called my local Dish installer. The ones that set me up originally and the ones that did my Dish 1000 upgrade 3 weeks ago. They said they may be able to do the install. They are going to call me back in a few and let me know. I guess my box is on the UPS truck and scheduled for deliver day after tomorrow.
Here's to hoping... And I hope it is not a problem box!

I wouldnt belive that as no 622's have shipped yet.. and they wont start to ship untill friday.. if your one of the lucky few that gets one.. you most likely wont get it untill wed at the latest.. :).. Honestly I wouldnt expect it untill the week of the 20th.. if it comes this month at all.. I bet you, that you will get a call that will change that date because there is no way that it will be here on friday if the unit ships on friday..

JamesThurber said:
Where you originally told that the 622 was shipping to you or were you expecting the installer to bring it out at the install time?

It was to be shipped to me.

Another development:
I called my local installer. They said to "refuse" the 622 from Dish on Friday and they would be at my house on Monday morning with a 622 & do the install then. They have two of them (622's) coming tomorrow.
I think I will go that route, but I will hang onto Dish's 622 until the local installer has his installed, then mark the package refused and send it back. (I've done that before. As long as the package is not opened it can be refused).

emtownsend said:
It was to be shipped to me.

Another development:
I called my local installer. They said to "refuse" the 622 from Dish on Friday and they would be at my house on Monday morning with a 622 & do the install then. They have two of them (622's) coming tomorrow.
I think I will go that route, but I will hang onto Dish's 622 until the local installer has his installed, then mark the package refused and send it back. (I've done that before. As long as the package is not opened it can be refused).

Again there is NO WAY as the units wont start shipping untill friday!!!!

goaliebob99 said:
Again there is NO WAY as the units wont start shipping untill friday!!!!

I believe you. My retailer just called back and said he was unable to fill his order! I think it will be a miracle indeed if I get one at all before the weekend.
Why do they all make it sound so "in the bag"?

So, I'm not cancelling my possibly fictitious order afterall!

I spoke to installer who was putting in some receiver in neighbor's house today (I shoulda asked which receiver). He mentioned no known probs from his shop with new vips, but that they were told they would not be getting any vip inventory untill a Feb 15 Dish decision regarding whether units will be shipped directly to customers, or to the local shops. He hasn't heard of any other delay issues for shops in Northern L.A. area. I'm still clinging to my Feb install date.

Well.....it is getting easier & easier to wait for the "April Fools Rebate" offer!! At this rate, even 1 April we won't have this receiver.

Someone tell me again WHY dish won't just xmit these new channels in MPEG2 for a while and TAKE MY MONEY. Sheesh.....

Bacuase they want to force the change and dangle a carrot in front of you now instead of giving you the carrot and watching you pickup a stick in anger when they turn them off if you don't upgrade fast enough....

Cold Irons said:
Someone tell me again WHY dish won't just xmit these new channels in MPEG2 for a while and TAKE MY MONEY. Sheesh.....

Ahh but they ARE transmitting them in MPEG2, however the channels are only being seen by those with a new receiver.

Yep ..... understand all this....it was really just a rhetorical question. It's just that E* never fails to amaze me.

However, for me, E* is still better that D*, and I can't get cable where I live (although I can't imagine EVER using cable for anything other than broadband access). So I'll wait for April & read the forum for amusement in the meantime.....

P.S. I do really appreciate all the scoop I get here on Satelliteguys. It is certainly helpful to me to have the inside info on what's going on behind the scenes. Thanks, Scott!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts