622 rescheduled! As I expected...

622 Installation Schedule/Delivery

bkushner said:
I called this morning and they are telling me 2-3 weeks. Is this possible? I see people that ordered Feb 1 still don't have receiver.

To boot they charge my card NOW!!! Are they just telling me 2-3 weeks now and it will be a month?

Brian

I called on 2/18. They scheduled the installation for 3/5. I received my 622 this past Friday, 2/24. Incidentally, the only cable that came with it besides coax was an s-video cable. I have to supply HDMI and/or component which I have already purchased.

Heh, I was orignally sheduled for 2/13... It got delayed to 3/28 as that was earliest the csr could get. I ordered on 2/1 at 8AM CST.

searswd said:
Heh, I was orignally sheduled for 2/13... It got delayed to 3/28 as that was earliest the csr could get. I ordered on 2/1 at 8AM CST.

That's a bummer and seems very wrong. I ordered on the 4th and my install is set for 3/4. My receiver just arrived so I guess its all but certain.
Patrick

All I can hope is that the bugs of the 622 will be worked out by the time I get it.

My local installer called me Friday morning & said the 622 were "released" to the retailers (whatever that means). But, he said he had one for me plus the 211 I wanted AND he could be out within a couple hours for install. Long story short, I am up and running on the 622 and 211 & Dish said they refunded me the $299 they already charged me for the original 622 order. So far, all is good.
It cost me $299 for the 622 lease and $360 for the 211 purchase plus a small amount for a DVI to HDMI cable and installation.

When I ordered the 622 on 02-02-06 The Dish network rep scheduled the install for 02-06-06. I thought that was great. I asked the rep if he didn't need to send me the receiver first and he said no, the installer will have it. On the day of the scheduled install The installer called and asked if I had the receiver? Well they rescheduled me for 02-15-06. Dish network called about a week later and said there was a shortage of receivers in my area (Iowa) and rescheduled me for March 1st. The 622 receiver arrived about a week ago so I am counting on the install being done on Wednesday. Also, I originally called a local distributer and they told me that they could do the dish upgrade but they couldn't sell me the receiver since they didn't do my original installation. When I told them that the installation was included in the $299.00 price they said that it was NOT and when I told him to look on the website he said he didn't need to because he was a distributor he he knows everything. Needless to say they won't be doing any work for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)