622 stuck in continuous reboot

ILv2Xlr8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Now I'm having this same issue with my 622? Anyone figure out the issue?

Tried unplugging all receivers, resetting the switch, all to no avail. Comes back for a couple minutes, then reboots again.

VIP612 in another room operates fine.

other threads on this topic are too old and I can't reply to them.

Software: L622RBGD-N
Switch: DPP 1K.2 w/Seperator

Any other ideas?

I do have an EHD, but this 622 is only a few months old and died before i could copy over the season to my EHD :-(

Any one know the file system on the drive?

e.g. could one remove it, connect to a PC and run spinrite on it to try and recover any data?

Spinrite may be an option then if all else fails.

I left it unplugged overnight and all day today. I also unplugged the TV2 coax output. Just got home and powered it up and oddly enough it is NOT stuck in continuous reset. I'm hoping it lives long enough to transfer shows to my EHD.

Other than leaving it unplugged for 24 hours, the only thing I've changed is disconnecting the TV2 output which went to a coax amplifier for distribution to other TVs. Could the TV2 coax output have anything to do with the continuous reset issue?

Did not live for long. Back to resetting continuously :-(. Will call dish this evening...

try an extension cord to another outlet in another room and make sure its not hot...bypass any surge protectors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)