622 sw update?

Zach

Really? So Blockbuster Movie Pass on Dish is a mix of old free movies and new movies that we have to pay for? It is supposed to be free streaming for my extra fee. And the selection is miniscule, if not ridiculous?

So lets do this - use the 622 (Dish Platinum) to find all HD 3 star+ moves since 2000. There are 44. Is this really Blockbuster Movies Pass? 44 decent movies in the last 11 years? Really?

Let's do this then - online from the Blockbuster front page I can stream True Grit, 127 Hours, Tangled, The Social Network, Hereafter, and The Roommate. Which of these are in the 44 above? Only 1 - Tangled. So, widen the critic rating to "all" and there are 80 movies. Luckily, now True Grit, The Social Network, and The Roommate now show up in the 80. So apparently the critic rating will be useless, as True Grit and The Social Network were both highly rated, not sure about The Roommate.

So you are telling me that Dish Platinum is the same as BlockBuster Movie Pass. So Blockbuster Movie Pass on the box has only 80 HD videos available for the last 11 years? Has a bunch of movies available online that are not available on the box? Also a bunch of movies on the box I have to pay for? Sorting by critic rating is ineffective? And there is no way to search by title?

If this is Blockbuster Movie Pass on the 622 - 100% for sure, no changes coming - tell me now so that I can drop it pronto and save my money!

Last edited:
If this is Blockbuster Movie Pass on the 622 - 100% for sure, no changes coming - tell me now so that I can drop it pronto and save my money!

Drop DISH?

You are aware that the HD package and Blockbuster Movie Pass were combined, right? You drop Movie Pass, you drop the HD package.

Zach

Really? So Blockbuster Movie Pass on Dish is a mix of old free movies and new movies that we have to pay for? It is supposed to be free streaming for my extra fee. And the selection is miniscule, if not ridiculous?<br>
Correct the Blockbuster Movie Pass is the same thing as DISH Platinum with the addition of the DVD(s) by mail. The software update is to change the name from Platinum to Blockbuster Movie Pass. The content will still come from the channels that were apart of the Platinum HD package. There will be titles that are only available to watch online. As demsd said if you remove the Blockbuster Movie Pass you would lose the HD channels that were apart of DISH Platinum.

L710 just came out Dec 6th for the 622. Is that what you're looking for?

My 622 finally updated with the "Blockbuster Movie Pass" name the other night, so the upgrade the floating around up there. I've used it before and after, and I see no difference except for then name. So, it's not critical for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)