My Rentals EMPTY after update!

Mine appear to expire and get automatically deleted. This is the only way I can get rid of the invisible rentals downloaded to my 612 and 722 receivers.

well, still no change over here. The my rentals section continues to say I have nothing although I can see all of them on Dish Online....I am starting to believe this will never be resolved. If it is not resolved soon, I plan to cancel Blockbuster, since I am not able to use it. It is impossible with my family's schedule to download stuff and then make sure to watch it the same day and the downloads take so long since they are not "instant streaming"...shame on Dish for falsely advertising this product.

If this bug sticks around long enough, they'll need to pull the 622/722/722K as well as the 922, due to "incompatibility with BBMP."

The problem cleared up a few days ago for me, a couple of days before I got new software, L750 (722k), and titles are still showing up in My Rentals.

I really don't know what did it but have some faith.

L750 definitely didn't correct the issue for 2 of my 722Ks. Maybe the sun-moon alignment will be just right tomorrow and they'll show back up.

difficult to have some faith. it's going on 3 months for me now and I have read that this has been an issue for some for almost a year! I think it is unacceptable that it is taking Dish Network this long to fix this issue. I really don't believe that they are working on it at all. I think the "it's a known issue and we are working to correct it" is just lip service at this point......I did have faith initially but now I have difficulty believing anything the CSRs or tech support says since it has all been a bunch of bull so far.....i have been a customer for almost 20 years now but I am actually considering the competition at this point.

I don't understand why it is necessary for an update every day anyway. We aren't recieving new software every day. Dish is probably keeping track of our viewing habits. Try turning the software update off until you know there is one actually available. Menu, 8, 4, disable, save. Haven't tested.

I don't understand why it is necessary for an update every day anyway. We aren't recieving new software every day. Dish is probably keeping track of our viewing habits. Try turning the software update off until you know there is one actually available. Menu, 8, 4, disable, save. Haven't tested.

The 3 am update is when the guide information is downloaded.

Well why does it have to reset the box, the guide can be downloaded on the fly.

And in fact it is downloaded once the receiver reboots and is running again. I think it has to do with garbage collection for buggy software.

Update - As of Wednesday (12/21) and continuing today, my rentals are no longer disappearing! And the thing is, I'm not entirely sure it was a software update. I'm not THAT observant and don't remember the software version I had before Wednesday. I can state that I currently have L690. In the event it was not a software update that triggered the fix, maybe THIS did: On Wednesday morning I was doing thorough dusting/cleaning in the vicinity of the 722k. I removed power and removed ALL cables to help with cleaning and I wished to re-orient the path of some cables to neaten them up. After re-connecting all cables and re-powering the receiver, I had this hunch to check out the My Rentals section. I saw one of my old rentals re-appear (that had yet to expire) in the list. However, it would not play - I instead had a message that stated something to do with copyright and that I did not have the appropriate cable or HDMI cable. That's not verbatim, but that was the jist of the message. I unplugged the receiver and re-connected the HDMI cable. I had success this time and I proceeded to rent a few movies. So, for 3 days now these same movies have remained in "My Rentals" and the receiver HAS been doing it's nightly (3am) updates.
So, could bad connections with HDMI cables in any way contribute to this "empty" My Rentals debacle?

@ eacalhoun: I doubt it since I did none of that and they started to appear on my 722k. There must be a reason for it though. I think if someone (DIRT) did some digging, they would find one.

I have a regular vip 722 and my rentals are still gone but they show up on Dish Online. Does anyone out there have a regular vip 722 (non-k) and their rentals are staying in the "my rentals" queue? Thanks.

Damnit. I have to vent. This just happened to me.

I downloaded a movie from Starz on Demand a few days ago. Was in the middle of watching it last night and didn't get a chance to finish it. Woke up today and it disappeared. :( *sigh*

I just got L750 for my 722K a few days ago too. Interestingly enough, this didn't happen at all when I had L690. I've been using the on demand feature to download free movies for a few weeks now. Since L750 my DVR has given me a few problems. Like when I download a movie sometimes my connection to my DSL gets cut off so I have to download the entire movie again. I also notice if I make a mistake on a timer and just edit the time, it won't let me do that anymore. I have to delete the whole timer and start over again. And then the disappearing movie today. I miss L690.

What really sucks, is from reading this thread, the movie is actually still there? But I don't have access to it and it's taking up hard drive space? What a bummer.

Yup. You can view it via integrated Logitech Revue (if you have one) or Sling Adapter (if you have that). Otherwise, you can't see it nor even delete it.

Yup. You can view it via integrated Logitech Revue (if you have one) or Sling Adapter (if you have that). Otherwise, you can't see it nor even delete it.

Well I don't have either of those, so the only way I can delete it and get that hard drive space back is somehow hope it comes back after the next nightly update or reformat the hard drive on the DVR?

The old DRA website has a trash can icon that might work some day. (It gives "Unknown error; your program was not deleted", or something to that effect.) Other than that, we just wait and it gets automatically deleted when it expires. :(

The old DRA website has a trash can icon that might work some day. (It gives "Unknown error; your program was not deleted", or something to that effect.) Other than that, we just wait and it gets automatically deleted when it expires. :(

Thanks. I kind of forgot about the expiration date. I think it's 30 days for the movie I downloaded. I usually never pay attention to them because I usually start watching a movie pretty quickly after downloading it. It's just I didn't get a chance to finish it last night.

Reformatting the DVR should do it too, right? Not that I'm considering the option right now because it would be a PITA to transfer everything to my external hard drive just to do that. But I like to see exactly how many options I actually have with this.

Welcome to the "No rental queue" club A sub group of ''Dish-can't-figure-it out" organization. There are over 1 million members!

Thanks! Glad to be here and join your "popular" club.

Not! :(

And now Dish busies itself with trivial and unwanted changes to the Guide. I don't know what their priorities are but it doesn't seem to be pointed in the direction of things working correctly and/or customer satisfaction!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts